New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sensor not detecting compatible USB 3.0 port -- but it *is* in one

CamisadeCamisade Posts: 3
Nothing that I try gets past the Sensor USB connection screen. The ports on my system are USB 3.0. Even when I plug the sensor into a port that works correctly with the headset, the sensor still returns an error. The sensor went through a firmware update connected like this, but it *still* returns an "incompatible USB port" error. Again, ports that support other devices requiring USB3, including the Rift headset, are not working for the Rift sensor. So it really seems like it must be a defective sensor. I have disconnected all non-required USB devices, including my web cam (which the support pages say can conflict). The Rift sensor still won't work.

According to the configuration, you can skip that step, but the sensor won't work properly. When I try skipping this part, the configuration coughs up a hardware failure splash screen at the end and won't allow completion of the configuration.

Comments

• okongsviokongsvi Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    My sensor was not detected until I tried installing the oculus software on d:\oculus instead of the default path. Maybe a non-default folder on c: could work too, didn't try that.
  • artvegam3artvegam3 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I had the same issue, but I plugged it into a USB 2 and it works but with a yellow sign/warning message. In games, I don't see any issues with head movement lag. I hope they can fix the issue, but I would also like to understand better what are the differences in performance with the sensor being connected to a usb 2 and not a 3.0. It's not that I don't have USB 3.0 ports, it's the sensor that doesn't recognizes them.
  • peterg2000peterg2000 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Same problem here, same USB3 ports tested with the headset don't work with sensor.

• deanogurdeanogur Posts: 456
    Nexus 6
    My system showed a USB related flag in Oculus Home until I tracked down a newer driver than what Windows said was the latest driver. My system uses the Intel / FrescoLogic USB root hub so I went to Intel's site and downloaded the latest USB driver for my Chip-set (CPU). Upon installation, I was given the option to use the built-in USB Repair Tool so I ran that and tested CV1 after a reboot. It cleared the flag in Oculus Home and all is working well.

I haven't tried it but, there is also a new USB Driver on the Fresco-Logic website if you have their USB onboard or one of the add-in USB cards.
  • CamisadeCamisade Posts: 3
    After the installation of a Fresco Logic card...and then a replacement of the first card (which was faulty), everything is FINALLY working! Goodbye, meatlife!
  • qf777qf777 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    could someone post a link to the latest intel usb driver please
    thanks
  • deanogurdeanogur Posts: 456
    Nexus 6
    edited October 2016
    qf777 said:
    could someone post a link to the latest intel usb driver please
    thanks
    It depends on the chip-set you have; go to the Intel site and search for drivers according to how your Intel USB is listed in Device Manager under USB Controllers. (For Example: Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series USB).

It's best to install them while in Windows Safe Mode and I recommend un-plugging as many USB devices as possible just to minimize any interference until after install and system re-boot.