cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRocker gaming chair and the Rift

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

hiya oculus peeps

I wonder if anyone`s using an XRocker gaming chair with the rift . I'm trying to configure both to work together but for some reason I cannot get the sound to go through both the rift and the chair and was wondering if anyone who has this type of setup has managed to find a way to resolve this minor annoyance .I spent a few hours scouring the web last night but to no avail so if anyones google foo is better than mine( and it most probably is) can share you any links you might come across ?. 

Cheers

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

maxpare79
Trustee
No it is possible... I do it every day... You have to go in the recording tab of your sound panel... Show disabled device and the the stereo mixer will appear. Enable the device.
The trick is to have your other audio device as the default device and not the Rift. For some reason you can mirror your sound to the Rift but not the other way around. So basically with your soundcard as the default device mirrored to the Rift as a the secondary one it will work. There's a bit of Lag between the two sources but it's really not apparent when you have it on and play games.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

View solution in original post

maxpare79
Trustee
@RobHermans Yes that's exactly why I did it... It was boring to observers without sound. My default device is my Realtek soundcard on my mobo connected to my desktop speakers and my secondary device is my Rift... I am on mobile right now but when I get back home I will make some screenshots on how to do it.

I will make a new thread for it, for people wondering how to do it.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

RobHermans
Superstar

does VB-Audio voicemeter also work with windows 10 ?

According to this page: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/
Compatibility: Windows XP, VISTA, WIN7, WIN8, WIN8.1, WIN10 (32 / 64 bits)
Yes, it does.

12 REPLIES 12

RobHermans
Superstar
There have been several threads recently about splitting the Rift audio, but unfortunately it's not possible yet. I think when you plug the Rift's USB in, it automatically prevents any other audio devices from working, as the Rift's audio is built into the unit, not using your on board or sound card.
Sorry. 😞

maxpare79
Trustee
No it is possible... I do it every day... You have to go in the recording tab of your sound panel... Show disabled device and the the stereo mixer will appear. Enable the device.
The trick is to have your other audio device as the default device and not the Rift. For some reason you can mirror your sound to the Rift but not the other way around. So basically with your soundcard as the default device mirrored to the Rift as a the secondary one it will work. There's a bit of Lag between the two sources but it's really not apparent when you have it on and play games.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
thanks for that Rob ! I wasn't sure if I was doing it wrong ...or just going mad ....probably both according to my missus

RobHermans
Superstar
You're welcome, but it seems I'm wrong and it IS possible! Thanks @maxpare79 🙂

EDIT: so does that trick allow the output of sound to some speakers so that observers can hear the Rift audio while watching the (already mirrored) video, yeah?

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
thanks for the update max !...ill try this as soon as I get home tonight and post an update . If It works I`ll have your babies

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
VB-Audio voicemeeter might help I was thinking of giving this a try too

maxpare79
Trustee
@RobHermans Yes that's exactly why I did it... It was boring to observers without sound. My default device is my Realtek soundcard on my mobo connected to my desktop speakers and my secondary device is my Rift... I am on mobile right now but when I get back home I will make some screenshots on how to do it.

I will make a new thread for it, for people wondering how to do it.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

RobHermans
Superstar

According to this page: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/
Compatibility: Windows XP, VISTA, WIN7, WIN8, WIN8.1, WIN10 (32 / 64 bits)
Yes, it does.