New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope - Teaser Trailer

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player

This game will be pure madness in VR.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
Tagged:

Comments

• HedgyHedgy Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    I wonder how they'll do the walking/running?
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,784
    Project 2501
    maybe it's stationary with waves of enemies...looks really cool lol, after playing Brookhaven experiment on the VIVE I have a thirst for shooting games! Would love to see Deer Hunter VR or something like it for Touch!
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,161 Valuable Player
    Seems like the perfect game to enjoy on a Sunday morning. I can't wait!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • FenrirrFenrirr Posts: 13
    Brain Burst
    Yeah probably gonna fudge it up by making the player stationary somehow :/
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    ...if they make this a stand-and-shoot game I'll flip....they need to stop worrying about how people will feel while playing it and just make a good FPS.  Most of us can adapt easily.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    Or at least the choice would be great? Mobile or immobile , you decide ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,332 Valuable Player
    edited August 2019
    The game is today's Daily Deal - the res and SDE using CV1 weren't good for this particular game, because SDE is especially bad when having to focus on distant objects - but the game could probably get new life on the Rift-S. I just rediscovered it - it's beyond amazing using the Index (fov + res + no SDE + solid 90 fps):

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1021037564670339

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 1,180
    Wintermute
    RuneSR2 said:
    The game is today's Daily Deal - the res and SDE using CV1 weren't good for this particular game, because SDE is especially bad when having to focus on distant objects - but the game could probably get new life on the Rift-S. I just rediscovered it - it's beyond amazing using the Index (fov + res + no SDE + solid 90 fps):

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1021037564670339

It is pretty good on the Rist S...   All of the Serious Sam ones acutally :)  The Talos Principle  is pretty goos in VR also..  I bought the Pack when it was on special...
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.
    Rift S
    Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • JoeManji08JoeManji08 Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    This series of games has been one of my absolute favorites in VR for the past 3 years! And if you still just have the CV1 (Like me), its still excellent!
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,916 Valuable Player
    This series of games has been one of my absolute favorites in VR for the past 3 years! And if you still just have the CV1 (Like me), its still excellent!
    I never played this in VR. I don't like the ones that are just wave shooters where you stand in one place flighitng off waves. What's the best version? 
    i7 9700k 2080ti   CV1, Rift-S, Index
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,213 Valuable Player
    This is a FANTASTIC game.  Great for a sitting down time waster.
    edited August 2019
    MowTin said: I never played this in VR. I don't like the ones that are just wave shooters where you stand in one place flighitng off waves. What's the best version? 

I greatly dislike wave shooters too - for long that kept me from buying Last Hope. But you like Doom VFR, and Last Hope is CroTeam's (main) attempt making an awesome VR experience. Just like CryTek made Robinson and The Climb to really show off VR, in Last Hope you have the full force of the Serious Engine - much like in Talos, so Last Hope isn't the usual UE4 or Unity cup of tea ;) 
    The action is so intense that I'm actually happy I don't have to move - of course the game's intensity is designed for you only to focus on shooting enemies. Using the Index the graphics are head and shoulders above the CV1, I would even consider Last Hope a must-have for Index owners. And I haven't even tried to increase ss to the max yet, lol. In case you don't agree with me, you can always refund the game. I'm using Revive, Touch is perfectly emulated (at least my brain doesn't notice Knuckles after a few seconds and thinks it's using Touch like in the good ol' days). 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,266 Valuable Player
    If you're looking for a great non-wave FPS shooter, then SS3 VR is hard to beat. 
    My Steam review
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • JoeManji08JoeManji08 Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    MowTin said:
    I never played this in VR. I don't like the ones that are just wave shooters where you stand in one place flighitng off waves. What's the best version? 
    Sorry for the late response -- I agree with both Rune and Wildt!  I dislike most wave shooters, but I really enjoyed this one!

I think the best one is Serious Sam: BFE (the 3rd one in order of release, but by chronoligical storyline, it's a prequel). I still would recommend playing all 3 of them.
    edited August 2019
    Fresh review (published yesterday) - by some dude who thinks it's the best VR game of all B)

• bigmakbm1bigmakbm1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    So, I'm new to VR. Why is it exactly that one has to move in FPS games either with teleport mechanics? Can't games be played walking around using the thumb sticks just like consoles?
    bigmakbm1 said:
    So, I'm new to VR. Why is it exactly that one has to move in FPS games either with teleport mechanics? Can't games be played walking around using the thumb sticks just like consoles?
    Yes, try Arizona Sunshine it's awesome, but there're many more games with full locomotion (=walking around using the thumbstick). 

BTW, in a few days this DLC is expected to launch:

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,266 Valuable Player
    bigmakbm1 said:
    SS1, 2 and 3 VR offer stick locomotion. 
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    edited May 21
    Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope is on sale for just $6:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/465240/Serious_Sam_VR_The_Last_Hope/

This game looks surprisingly great using the Index (and thus I'd expect nothing less using Rift-S) - but CroTeam always did use awesome textures and lighting etc. Also, while the Oculus version can be Revived, the controllers don't work with the bow - but work fine with the guns. Unfortunately you need the bow in some levels. I guess I just bought myself a bow for $6  o:)

PS. Pancake lovers can soon enjoy Serious Sam 4:

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,161 Valuable Player
    This is one of my favorite VR titles. Taking on the giant towering bosses is epic. And if anyone has a fear of heights... standing on the edge of a cliff shooting down aerial enemies will really get your "pucker factor" going!

Highly recommended, at any price <3
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,213 Valuable Player
    A fantastic game for VR.  Definitely a MUST HAVE.
    RuneSR2 said:
    Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope is on sale for just $6:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/465240/Serious_Sam_VR_The_Last_Hope/

This game looks surprisingly great using the Index (and thus I'd expect nothing less using Rift-S) - but CroTeam always did use awesome textures and lighting etc. Also, while the Oculus version can be Revived, the controllers don't work with the bow - but work fine with the guns. Unfortunately you need the bow in some levels. I guess I just bought myself a bow for $6  o:) 
    Just a quick update - turns out the Steam version also does not work with the bow, because it's a general problem of Croteam not having properly supported the Index controllers. You also get wands inside the game. A workaround is to remap Index controller button assignments in Steam - and I guess you do need the Steam version to do that:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/465240/discussions/0/1636417520560424015/

Quite strange why CroTeam does not fix such a minor error, sigh - it also affects WMR and HTC hmds. 

• SpottiChenSpottiChen Posts: 19
    Brain Burst
    Why the move toward randomly-generated gameplay?