New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Killing Floor: Incursion Announcement Trailer

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,284 Valuable Player
Now this is what we're talking about. Eat your heart out Brookhaven Experiment.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    Holy shit, I am so excited I love KF2, I wonder how they will do movement though!
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,293
    Wintermute
    Maybe you have to walk on your hands, using the Touch controllers.  ;)

Seriously though, I've never been a massive fan of dark games, but this one seriously has me interested and it certainly looks like it has loads more atmosphere than something like Dead and Buried.  

Let's see when it is due to release and that might give some idea of when we might expect to see the Touch too.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,209 Valuable Player
    Totally too awesome!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,297 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    Another fabulous title? I can no longer determine which is changing more rapidly: my heart rate or my credit card charges :o
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Keylo415Keylo415 Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    And people said Oculus didn't have nothing up their sleeve... I'm done..
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    I can't help seeing the similarity to the House of the Dead titles.  As long as they don't force me to type words to kill the bad guys I guess it's fine.  I've never been a huge fan of zombie shooter games but I can see how this sort of game lends itself to Touch controllers.  Dead and Buried, Space Pirate Trainer, Brookhaven - definitely a trend in this first batch of interactive VR titles.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,566 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    Hah!  I wonder how long they've had this planned?  People have been suggesting / requesting / asking about Rift support for KF2 since its early access started, but Tripwire were always suspiciously quiet on that matter.

Could it be because they already had this in the works, and didn't want to spoil the surprise?

P.S.  Wow people on youtube are getting SALTY over this game's announcement. Surprisingly only a small portion of them are mad about (assumed) exclusivity though, it's mostly those weird people who rage at the announcement of EVERY vr game, or KF2 players who mistakenly think a side project like this means fewer people working on the regular KF2 game   (I guess they don't know how game development works)

But I am looking forward to this. :smiley:
    Anxiously awaiting the Rift-S.
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 733
    3Jane
    I so want this!

Will be interested to how movement is done too...Hell at this point I'd be happy with a PS dance mat. lol
  • jsbaughjsbaugh Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I would assume movement would be with the thumb controller on the touch?
  • steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    jsbaugh said:
    I would assume movement would be with the thumb controller on the touch?
    And subsequent falling over :)
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    Please tell me this isn't another "stand in one spot and shoot" game is it?  I'm sooooo tired of that shit.
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016

That's what I was getting at RirtualVeality.  I feel like many of the first-gen Touch/Wand games are stand and shooters.  Even Project Arena and Hollow Point are stand & shoot.  So is Serious Sam by the looks of it.  Ripcoil, Super Hot...  the list goes on and on...

I'm more interested in what new areas could be explored. 
    Battle Arena - Cards games (MTG//Hearthstone//Yu Gi Oh//Pokémon)
    RTS (only AirMech so far)
    Escape Rooms
    LucasArts Adventure Games

The options are wide open but most of these early developers seem to have gone for interactive shooters.
    I'm sure they'll be fun, but I'm also sure the genre will be saturated quickly.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke