New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Headphone only plays one channel- defective ear piece

joeblairjoeblair Posts: 4
NerveGear
When I first plugged in my rift one headphone didn't work. Upon tightening it's plastic screw it began working.

Now the other earphone has stopped working after less than 24 hrs. Tried tightening, removing, inspecting, reinstalling and restarting with no luck. Is it a dud headphone, driver issue?? Help!

Comments

• joeblairjoeblair Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Since my post the problem went away then came back the next day. Driver issue? Dud earpieces?

Have ticket open with support and will update as develops.

Bump...
  • joeblairjoeblair Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    UPDATE: I physically removed and swapped the R channel to L and vice versa. The audio then worked, and continued to do so after I swapped them back to their proper channels. Who knows what happened. I expect the audio will drop out again soon.
  • Jackrabbit710Jackrabbit710 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    did you have any more probs? my right side has stopped working
  • bolodbolod Posts: 2
    My right side has a lot of problems too !
  • wickednesswickedness Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    my right side is also messed up.. well sounds like a oculus issue 
  • SqMonkey87SqMonkey87 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Same happened to me; came here for answers.  Is this a recurring problem for a lot of people?
  • SqMonkey87SqMonkey87 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    For what it's worth, I also just removed and reattached the right headphone and sound is coming out of it again-- so that's something people should try for sure.
  • bobarhett13bobarhett13 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    My right headphone stopped working.  No luck swapping them.  The left side works with both headphones.  Something with the connection of the right?