cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting skyrim back to normal

NATED066
Explorer
So I followed the instructions here: http://riftmod.com/how-to-skyrim-and-oculus-rift-with-a-fixed-hud/ to get skyrim working on my rift, and it was cool but I wanted to set it back to normal.

I uninstalled the mods but for some reason the perspective is still way off. It's like my head is pulled wayyyyy back and my arms are 10 feet long.

Can anyone help me get it back to normal? I've even tried uninstalling skyrim and reinstalling but it doesn't help.
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like your fov is set to 110 for the Rift. While in the game, you can bring up the console by pressing ~ and then just type "fov 80" or whatever you want to set the fov to.

NATED066
Explorer
"bamousse" wrote:
Sounds like your fov is set to 110 for the Rift. While in the game, you can bring up the console by pressing ~ and then just type "fov 80" or whatever you want to set the fov to.

Thanks for the quick response. I should have included in my original post that I've tried messing with the FOV, I've even set it as low as 50, it doesn't seem to help.

The problem is with my character overlay I think. (arms, shoulders, sword, bow etc...)

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and been able to fix it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah I see. Yea, after I replied I thought it would have been weird to be just some FOV setting if you uninstalled the game. Very strange.

goettel
Explorer
Did you manually delete the Skyrim folder from the Steam commonapps after uninstalling the game ? Did you start a new game or use a savegame ?

yuanxiaoyu
Honored Guest
the simplest thing to do would be reinstallation,
you still have all your old saves so there is no need to worry about losing them

scottmana
Honored Guest
Do you have the Steam version? If you do, you can create a backup/ uninstall / restore backup. I find it a handy tool for games that have gone wrong due to tampering. it is quick for me anyway.

NATED066
Explorer
"goettel" wrote:
Did you manually delete the Skyrim folder from the Steam commonapps after uninstalling the game ? Did you start a new game or use a savegame ?

I manually deleted everything skyrim related from my PC. The problem is Steam uses a cloud save to remember your settings. I've disabled that and deleted the game again.

Will re-install after work today, hopefully that will fix it as I'm dying to play Skyrim on PC. I've played it through on the 360 but the graphics are so much better on the PC, not to mention the extra content mods...