New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Warning: Be careful using ginger!

2»

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,284 Valuable Player
    I bought some Ginger Nuts a few days ago. One of my favourite biscuits, especially when dunked in tea. B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,975 Valuable Player

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Mmmm, I love ginger in all its forms.   Never needed it for VR sickness though, because I've never gotten VR sickness. :tongue:

But now I could really go for a bag of crystallized ginger..

Careful around really strong ginger products on an empty stomach, though.  That's not a good time. :grimace:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,671 Valuable Player

WAAAGH!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Moved this to offtopic lol .. what a necro thread!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator

Always worth a repost.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• bauuubassbauuubass Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    CrashFu said:
    Mmmm, I love ginger in all its forms.   Never needed it for VR sickness though, because I've never gotten VR sickness. :tongue:

Careful around really strong ginger products on an empty stomach, though.  That's not a good time. :grimace:

How lucky you are :D I do not only get VR sickness but often, also first-person game sickness  :s maybe I will get used to these types of games after some time, but right now it's pretty brutal
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,284 Valuable Player
    bauuubass said:
    CrashFu said:

How lucky you are :D I do not only get VR sickness but often, also first-person game sickness  :s maybe I will get used to these types of games after some time, but right now it's pretty brutal

Just don't do too much. Simulation sickness comes from the brain believing that your body has been poisoned because what's happening in your ear isn't happening in your brain because your eyes are seeing motion that isn't there. So your brain thinks you're being poisoned.

The best way to build up a resistance to simulation sickness is to do the following:

1) Play in VR until you START to feel a little odd or uncomfortable and then STOP IMMEDIATELY (pressing the Oculus button or the pause button in-game is the easiest way to do this.

2) Keep your headset on and relax yourself for a minute or two.

3) Remove your headset and have a LONG break, preferably overnight but at least a couple of hours.

4) Repeat steps 1-3.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever