cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a repair/replacement?

Melmix
Expert Protege
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with how long a repair/replacement process usually takes? My experience so far:

June 1: I create a ticket
June 1: Reply from support. give us some time, we will get back to you
June 7: I ask if they have an update for me
June 8: Reply from support. Please create a video.
June 9: I send them a Dropbox link with a video showing the issue
June 9: Reply from support. Please give us shipping address and serial number.
June 10: I reply with the asked information
June 10: Reply from support. Give us some time, we appreciate your patience.
June 14: Reply from support. We need your headset in for review. You will get a return label within 48 hours.
June 16: I send the package with UPS.
June 17: I tell them that I sent the package and ask how long they expect it will take.
June 17: Reply from support. No exact ETA, but we try to keep things going as fast as possible.
June 20: I write to support that UPS has delivered the package. I ask a few questions about tracking when they send me a repaired or new headset.
June 22: I ask if they have an update for me and ask if they can confirm they received the headset, have they confirmed the error and so on.
June 23: I write to support: "Hello? :-("
Me for the next year... :geek: VR4EVER! :lol:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Melmix
Expert Protege

So I got my brand new headset yesterday. It is definately brand new and works great. Oddly enough I'm quite certain the image quality is also significantly better, so there might have been more issues with my first headset than I knew about.

All in all I'm very happy with the support I got. Bravo Oculus! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Melmix
Expert Protege
Just got a UPS MyChoice notice that I'm getting a package from Oculus tomorrow. Curious if it's been repaired or if it's a new one...

Melmix
Expert Protege

So I got my brand new headset yesterday. It is definately brand new and works great. Oddly enough I'm quite certain the image quality is also significantly better, so there might have been more issues with my first headset than I knew about.

All in all I'm very happy with the support I got. Bravo Oculus! 🙂