cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rift is coming on Saturday, what games should I start off with?

FlareMW
Explorer
Hey everyone, 

My Rift is finally arriving on Saturday and I'm pretty excited about it. Given that some have had their Rift's for months, I was wondering if any of you had some purchase recommendations? I've heard that Chronos is a good one to play through and I'll have codes for Lucky's Tale and Eve: Valkyrie but I want to expand my list a bit. 
15 REPLIES 15

LifeIsLife
Explorer
I was blown away by Luckys Tale. As someone who dislikes platformers, I saw Luckys tale and thought it was a generic platofrmer. When i put the headset on though, I felt like I was in this cartoon world and I just wanted to keep playing and exploring. Its unreal how much this "immersion" made me not only get wrapped up in the game but enjoy it so much as well. 

I also highly recommend the Foo Show (first episode is free) and cant wait to have Oculus Touch to use with it. 

Lastly I would recommend House of the Dying Sun, its not on the Oculus store (steam) but if youre looking for a single player space combat game (eve is so much more focused on online) its quite good

KennyJennings
Protege
If you've never used VR before, I would say definitely start out with dream deck. Personally, I think my favorite game so far that I've tried is Farlands. I bought project cars earlier today, but I didn't get a chance to try it out as I am going out of town for a few days, so I don't really know how it is yet. I'll let you know if I think it's worth getting after I try it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chronos is amazing, my favorite Rift game to date.  It's a good action/adventure game with challenging combat, not just a hack-n-slash button-masher.

Dead Secret is my next favorite game to date.  It's adventure/mystery with psychological horror.  It's available as a non-VR game, but the VR aspect adds greatly to the immersion and to the psychological impact of the game.

Elunedra
Protege
I can't wait to play subnautica in vr

blanes
Rising Star
Played Subnautica today ~ very cool atmosphere but definitely not the game for me as I now feel terribly ill. the rocking and spinning movement when turning totally unhinged me.  Back to Project Cars and Assetto Corsa for me with some Elite Dangerous.  For anyone who can handle it though it looks like it could be great fun.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Snap , waste of money. Luckily got it from steam so asking for refund. Not saying the game is bad just it's bad for me 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Applecorp
Rising Star

blanes said:

Played Subnautica today ~ very cool atmosphere but definitely not the game for me as I now feel terribly ill. the rocking and spinning movement when turning totally unhinged me.  Back to Project Cars and Assetto Corsa for me with some Elite Dangerous.  For anyone who can handle it though it looks like it could be great fun.

How is Project Cars, really tempted to get it on Steam, only £12.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try it and if you don't like it then return it 🙂 But to enjoy it you really need a wheel and pedals mate. I think it's great
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Iblysi
Heroic Explorer
I would say go get Final Approach Pilot Edition.
I am having a blast with that, fun flying arcade style with lots of missions, locations and mini games in it. Hours of gameplay fun.