cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio gone in games?

Fadeeaway
Protege
Hi.

Got my Rift yesterday and played some games including Eve Valkyrie. Today I bought Elite Dangerous and started the game but there's no sound ingame. There's sound in Oculus home though. Then I tried Valkyrie that worked yesterday. It had sound in menues but not in game.

I noticed there was an hardware driver update today in the Oculus store, did that kill the audio?

Br, Niklas
6 REPLIES 6

Goobers
Adventurer
Have you rebooted your PC?

Fadeeaway
Protege
If I set it to windows default and use my ordinary headphones - audio works.

So something is screwed up with the Rift audio device..

Fadeeaway
Protege

Goobers said:

Have you rebooted your PC?

Ofcourse.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Does selecting something different under graphic settings->3d->HMD(Speakers) or HMD(Headphones) change anything?

Fadeeaway
Protege

TwoHedWlf said:

Does selecting something different under graphic settings->3d->HMD(Speakers) or HMD(Headphones) change anything?

No 😕 But if I go in in to Control Panel->Sound->Rift Audio Headphones->Press test, raise volume (from 60 to 61) and then press OK. They activate. And I have to do that while in Elite Dangerous. If I restart the game, I need to do the same procedure all over again.

There's some static in audio though.

Fadeeaway
Protege
Update: Audio seems to work fine except when starting Elite dangerous, or a multiplayer deathmatch in Eve Valkyrie, when you enter the cockpit in Eve the audo disappears. I can then do the workaround above and audio is coming back.

Strange...