cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC september shipping

2oonLink
Explorer
So I'm moving soon, but do not have the new address, but at the same time its within a matter of a week. So if someone has a GENERAL idea of when the oculus is shipping in September I'll know whether to keep the order because it will make it, or just cancel and try again next month :?:
P.S General as in the first week, second week of sep, ect.
7 REPLIES 7

yuanxiaoyu
Honored Guest
if we knew, then there wouldn't be frustration

that being said,
your post is utterly void of meaningful information
what is your order number?
where do you live?

you can't expect ANYONE to have any idea about your delivery by just essentially saying
"hey guys, when will i get my rift?"

sneakypoo
Honored Guest

2oonLink
Explorer
"yuanxiaoyu" wrote:
if we knew, then there wouldn't be frustration

that being said,
your post is utterly void of meaningful information
what is your order number?
where do you live?

you can't expect ANYONE to have any idea about your delivery by just essentially saying
"hey guys, when will i get my rift?"

Oh, hehe I'm sorry, I'm in the US. California to be exact. And I don't want to give my order number in fear that it will get in the wrong hands...if that's a thing?

2oonLink
Explorer
"sneakypoo" wrote:
No need to cancel the order:
https://support.oculus.com/entries/23747656-Can-I-change-my-address-

I would need to change my address BEFORE it ships, and I fear that it will ship before I get the address and stop it. Then I would already be moved out, and have to trust the people moving IN to my home.

sneakypoo
Honored Guest
You don't have any kind of window between moving from your old place to the new one? Shouldn't need more than a couple of days I would think. The day before you are supposed to move you change your address, that gives you one day right there.

I dunno, if it were me I guess I'd just get in contact with support and ask if there was any chance that they could reach out to you before shipping it. Or talk to the people moving in and say "hey listen, I have a package coming here in the next day or so, could you give me a call when it shows up?". Maybe I'm terribly naive but not all people are complete assholes hehe.

Or maybe you could reach out to the shipping company if it happens to ship in that tiny window were you're "in limbo" so to speak.

lostcoaster
Honored Guest
"2oonLink" wrote:
"sneakypoo" wrote:
No need to cancel the order:
https://support.oculus.com/entries/23747656-Can-I-change-my-address-

I would need to change my address BEFORE it ships, and I fear that it will ship before I get the address and stop it. Then I would already be moved out, and have to trust the people moving IN to my home.

If you are already in "Processing" status, probably the only thing you can do is to cancel it, as (I heard) in that status you won't be able to change your address, and the shipment will be several days later after processing.

If not, there is no need to do it now. You will receive some notification email when the order is "going to be processed". You can consider it at that time.

yuanxiaoyu
Honored Guest
Rofl
You dont want to giveborder number?
Do a bit research
People dont need to give exact number, an estimation is enough
Without it, no one can guess which NA batch you will be in
The difference can be month apart