Rift loses randomly HDMI connection - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift loses randomly HDMI connection

Comments

• Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,175
    3Jane
    So much for a no issues Rift. It went black playing Ascension and Windows did the device connected/disconnected sound.  About 4 seconds later, I got video, but mic wasnt working, and the guy I was playing with had no idea why I wouldnt respond.

Lovely! $900....
  • SauSackSauSack Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Yes, I understand. I will speak with the support team about your issue.
    Yes, please try to speed up the support for us HDMI victims!!
    We are all motivated to spend our hard earned money for this project, we deserve a solution faster than two months or so.
    How should we advertise this great immersion bringer when its broken for the first time?
    We all have to strike the iron while its hot!!

Waiting for a working Rift.....

• PiranhaUKPiranhaUK Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    I too am having the intermittent HDMI issue which is now happening every 5-10 mins and requires The Assembly to be restarted each and every time :o(

Luckily I'd check on here before hand and so ruled out the cable using a friends CV1 and ruled out the PC by trying it on a completely different PC setup. I even had the logs all ready to send.

Had a very quick response from support so far so hopefully it will get sorted quickly.
  • muskeymuskey Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Hi guys i also am having the same issue, hdmi drop then back with no sound.  Hdmi cables were messed up when rift arrived new, so looking a new cable hopefully tht will help definatly strange thow that it also fixes itself ,can only play for 5 mins at a time now ......not good.
  • warmongerVRwarmongerVR Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    same here,  HDMI disconnects every 5 minutes or so, I've been waiting about 2 weeks for a response from support  since I sent oculus logs which they requested, no confirmation that they have received it so I have sent it 3 times the last one asking for confirmation that they have received it, but still heard nothing , tried every combo with usb's, its disgusting how they are treating everyone with this problem, the support is rubbish
  • Laddi_deLaddi_de Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    PiranhaUK said:

Had a very quick response from support so far so hopefully it will get sorted quickly.
    They are very quick until it is clear that the rift has a problem. Then the communication stops rapidly. 
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,175
    3Jane
    Laddi_de said:
    PiranhaUK said:

They are very quick until it is clear that the rift has a problem. Then the communication stops rapidly. 
    Funny enough, that's my experience as well. They responded 3 times pretty quickly, then nothing. They failed to address the odd pattern/color in my left eye during loading screens and dark scenes  in Mythos of the World Axis and didn't answer why I have a few thousand errors from the Rift in Event Viewer.
    Brain Burst
    The official  voices are much to silent although it looks like a problem with a whole charge or more but,
    No need to be offensive against the support or anybody involved.
    And pls, don't mix the threads, keep the forum clean and stay within the rifht threads, or start a new one if you encounter a NEW problem.

And stay constructive to help us all solving ecerybodys issue.........

And, oculus, talk to us ;-)

Regards
  • Got my Rift 3 days ago and am having this exact issue. I first noticed it during the driver setup and figured my HDMI port was going. It stopped soon after and I got a solid 2 days of play, then it hit me hard today and won't go away. I can't play for more than a minute without it losing connection. Sent a support ticket but now I'm worried that they are gonna take forever. I might just return it to Amazon honestly if they take a long time. So much for this. :(
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please wait for support to respond. We can replace the cable or the headset if necessary. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Okay, I'll wait it out. Thank you.
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    Really, you bought yours a few days ago?
    At Amazon?

It's your decision! Lucky Guy! You have a choice!
  • Yeah I think I'm going to, I was in contact with support but they stopped responding once I sent the pictures they asked for. Amazon return is short and sweet.
    Brain Burst
    Believe me, good decision! Bad for the guy with the next warehouse deal  ;)

@SauSack:
    No one is offensive against the guys from Oculus. Soon there will be a lot of competitors with the ability to satisfy costomer needs. Right now there is a hype about it and all the nerds like us are very easy to satisfy. When you behave like that on a mass market you will fail.

I work for a big retailer in the software development. When I take a look at our tickets from customers and how they behave for much less, compared to this, this is a birthday party.
    Brain Burst
    Laddi_de said:
    PiranhaUK said:

I may have spoken too soon. I had 3 quick responses over 50 minutes and now complete silence for 3 days after sending them the full log files. I'd already spent hours/days troubleshooting the issue and confirmed that it is not an issue with the PC setup or the Cable before contacting them so was hoping for a quick resolution.  Hopefully this won't end up dragging out over weeks....
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    AHHHH! They closed my ticket! Thank you Oculus! Now I can start from the beginning!

Too many negative posts I think. Well, they are stronger than me. o:)

Why have I bought it? I was so stupid!  :(

I got a quick answer: The ticket is closed after 7 days automtically. Internally it is still open. Well, I got a heartattack  :s
  • FiegeFiege Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Folks, guess what! The hdmi connection error is back and this time it's really bad. I haven't used the rift for a couple of days and when I picked it up again the error messages started and haven't stopped since. I'm still not sure wether it is because of faulty hardware or bad usb handling and I don't care to be honest. I've paid almost 750 Euros and I do have a computer which meets all the requirements, so I don't blo**y care, if it is due to faulty hardware or software.
  • PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 240
    Nexus 6
    @Fiege
    If you haven't done this already.. do the things described in this thread:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3#latest
    Supply support with photos of pin ends of hdmi/usb cables, video, full specs of your computer, the log files and a list of everything you've tried to solve the issue + anything else you can think of - Give them a few days to get back to you on the premise you'll contact the bank you bought the Rift through to pursue 'charge back' if support aren't responding.

I recon there was a bad batch of CV1's (consumer versions!- irony) and support are trying to work out how to deal with it.

<good luck>  
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
  • Same issue here. I even sent them a picture.....radio silence for a month.

Filed resolution not return through PayPal. Hopefully I'll get a response but I'm not holding my breath!
  • PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 240
    Nexus 6
    @Professord3ath
    Radio silence for a month.. crazy!
    ...it would seem that posting on the forum is the way to go..
    I hope your second post brings more happiness
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
  • Crazy! One day after the Paypal process and they want my address and unit number. They "say" they will send out a new Rift. 

Has anyone actually been successful once they ship it in?

Thanks for the support!
  • VileeeVileee Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have exactly same problem! Hdmi disconnect very often when i'll take Oculus away from head. I have reseated cable few times and it wont help either. I ordered mine 19.7 from their webshop.

Yesterday they asked me to update usb & gpu drivers, but the problem is still there :(
    Brain Burst
    Welcom to the club. Welcome to the suppot hell of oculus.

You bought yours at Oculus so you have lost. I wait now for 14 days and except of asking for pictures, logs and an adress, nothing happens.

This is one of my worst experience with a company ever. I give you the advise expect nothing then it is better for your health.
    Brain Burst
    Crazy! One day after the Paypal process and they want my address and unit number. They "say" they will send out a new Rift. 

Has anyone actually been successful once they ship it in?

Thanks for the support!
    That's ridiculous. You shouldn't have to lodge a complaint with Paypal just to get them to respond about a faulty product. Its been a week now without a response (or working Oculus Rift!) so it looks like I'm forced to go the "Complaint Resolution" path..... :disappointed:
  • silent_wolfsilent_wolf Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    I got this issue with my CV1 bought in 4th week of July 2016

As well as a tilted view problem, I got the HDMI discconect problem too.

I took a vdo of the disconnect problem.. I know the vdo is blurry but it shows the problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voyhvg1vrnp8vj2/MAH00100.MP4?dl=0

After sending this vdo to support and got a support drone response to update my driver and etc.. I just sent mine back to shop for refund. 

This looks like a major problem on the new July/Aug CV1 lots

• silent_wolfsilent_wolf Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    If you purchased from a retailer, I wouldn't waste time for RMA or support.. just go through your retailer/eBay/paypal and request refund. if you RMA you will corner yourself, have to go through tedious drone steps, send logs, wait for response etc.. ie do their jobs for them and even then, risk getting refurb units back.

Use your retailer/eBay/paypal buyer protection for refund, its much more effective, and you will have more options for yourself

If you bought direct from Oculus, go through your CC company.

Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    ....just a small update....
    Received my RMS ticket, rift has arrived in holland today......

Hopefully I will get a WORKING one.....

Beneath, it is not an issue of the newer ones alone - got mine in early june .....

Stay tuned
  • DNACowboyDNACowboy Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    edited August 2016
    I have a 'July/August' CV1 unit and the HDMI disconnects have just started, this is totally unacceptable. I wonder, can usb issues cause the HDMI to disconnect or does it have to be either the cable or headset?
    Who is John Galt?
  • howardru4uhowardru4u Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I created a video and showed 2nd level support how shaking the headset causes the HDMI disconnect issue.  After confirming I did all the reseating of the HDMI cable to the headset and sending over my specs, the support guy initially said he'd send a new cable, but then an hour later said he wanted my entire system back and they would replace. My GUESS is that it's a certain batch of serial #'s which are defective and not built to spec..  George in support knows what the serial #s are which fall into the "defective" bucket.  Get the serial # off your packaging (not the software) and include with your trouble ticket.  My new one is working great (it's just Microsoft who messed up the XBOX controller drivers with their new Windows 10 Anniversary update.  Don't install it!
    Brain Burst
    Asked Support for an update after a week of silence and I'm still awaiting a response.... Not happy.