How do you upload your own stuff? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do you upload your own stuff?

CaliberMengskCaliberMengsk Posts: 312
Hiro Protagonist
edited September 2013 in Oculus Share
Not that I'm ready at the moment, but how do you submit content to share? I didn't see any links on the share site itself, and I didn't see any in any of the post while just glancing around. Is there a specific requirement, or is it just stuff that the devs see and go "Let's put that there!"??????

Comments

• GhostshipGhostship Posts: 344 Oculus Start Member
    Same here, how do i put my ghostship demo on the there?
    Developer of Ghostship and CDF Starfighter.

• MorbidDonkeyMorbidDonkey Posts: 284
    Hiro Protagonist
    From cybereality this past weekend...
    Sharing is disabled for now. Will be back soon.

I am sure they are working out some bugs.
    -: MorbidDonkey :-
    ===================================
    LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1
  • CaliberMengskCaliberMengsk Posts: 312
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for letting me know. :D I appreciate it.
  • OculusOpticianOculusOptician Posts: 253
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2013
    Likely still hashing out the rules. iRacing doesn't have a demo link and they should be taken down unless they post one. It's called "Share" for a reason not Oculus "Advert", I can see a lot of developers and VR enthusiasts being pissed off about this now.

The developers went out of there way to submit demo's last minute for share and iRacing just posted a link to their monthly service sign up page? :evil:
  • OculusOpticianOculusOptician Posts: 253
    Brain Burst
    Ghostship wrote:
    Same here, how do i put my ghostship demo on the there?

I'm sure they will let you on there Shaun, just give them some time to figure things out. If it was up to me, I would put you first in line for your efforts.
  • MorbidDonkeyMorbidDonkey Posts: 284
    Hiro Protagonist
    Likely still hashing out the rules. iRacing doesn't have a demo link and they should be taken down unless they post one. It's called "Share" for a reason not Oculus "Advert", I can see a lot of developers and VR enthusiasts being pissed off about this now.

The developers went out of there way to submit demo's last minute for share and iRacing just posted a link to their monthly service sign up page? :evil:

You know you actually make a good point. Seems like free advertising imho. I hope Oculus will benefit finacially from links visisted or something because if its just sitting there whats stopping random developers slapping a shoddy oculus option to their game and promoting it on the share service via links?

I guess we'll wait and find out. However if iRacing has a trial mode it might be different.
    -: MorbidDonkey :-
    ===================================
    LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1
  • owenwpowenwp Posts: 681 Oculus Start Member
    iRacing is essentially an mmo, and the client itself can only be launched from their website. I think there is a free trial though. Its also one of the only full games with Rift support, so of course Oculus should do everything they can to make people aware of it.
    Sanzaru - Programmer
  • GhostshipGhostship Posts: 344 Oculus Start Member
    Looks like i will hang on to the bugs are sorted :)

I wanted to try iracer, but then it wanted to register, sure that would have put a lot of people off. It might have a free trial but all the info on their site suggests you have to pay you just get more time free.
    Developer of Ghostship and CDF Starfighter.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    We plan to re-launch the site very soon with the full functionality (uploading, social features, etc.).

In terms of iRacing: we are totally cool supporting developers with promoting their Rift-enabled content. The idea is to help customers find content easily. If the developers have special reason to host the content on an external website (for example, since it's a subscription service) then we totally want to support them to do that.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RuudscornerRuudscorner Posts: 436
    Art3mis

I kindof agree with you. I actually did agree until I thought some more about it. Take Lunar Flight. I great game that really should be on Share, but it costs money and are hosted on Steam. But still it should be on Share. Because it rocks!
  • CasuallynotedCasuallynoted Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Yeah, I think iRacing should post a demo on Share. I mean - if I could try out the game, even for just a little bit, I could decided whether or not I want to buy it. :\
  • RuudscornerRuudscorner Posts: 436
    Art3mis
    namine207 wrote:
    Yeah, I think iRacing should post a demo on Share. I mean - if I could try out the game, even for just a little bit, I could decided whether or not I want to buy it. :\
    I understand that they wont post a downloadable demo as it's an online game, but they should at least give some free time for new users...
  • FlukeFluke Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    namine207 wrote:

Agreed. At the moment they aren't sharing anything but an advert.
    In-VR Gaming Convention: http://queue.vip/8nNttrc
  • Shannonb1Shannonb1 Posts: 210
    Hiro Protagonist
    I can see you're trying to lead this to a store where we can purchase games and you end up getting a cut, kinda like your own google store, right now it sucks. I get that its a beta, your title not mine, but I would call this an alpha, I have better experience going to MTBS3D or searching the web to find content.

Moral of the story, if you want to drive usage, make an experience even at the start that draws people in. From where I sit, you probably lost a lot of folks with the half assed launch. User experience proves that a bad first use experience wont bring consumers back.

Rant over, open up the pipes, let everyone worry about their own security and download risk, limit uploads to oculus owners. lets test this piece out.
  • virrorvirror Posts: 402
    Brain Burst
    Any ETA when full share functionality will be re-added?
    Seems like this was released way to early : p
  • KirenusKirenus Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    Looks like it's up now.

https://share.oculus.com/submit-app
    Brain Burst
    Great!
    Seems like some of the descriptions are messed up though, no new line anywhere.
  • SerkSerk Posts: 207
    Hiro Protagonist
    I wonder if someone has actually submitted an app through the system. I'm logged in the site, but when I use the "Submit an app" button, it redirects me to the login page, which never accepts my username and password. So it seems I can't submit for now.

Still better than last time, though. At least I can access my profile page.
    Brain Burst
    When i use the submit app button it takes me to a form where i have to fill in all info about the app.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @Serk: Can you try clearing your browser cookies and cache, restarting you browser, and logging in again?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • SerkSerk Posts: 207
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Serk: Can you try clearing your browser cookies and cache, restarting you browser, and logging in again?
    It works now, thanks.