New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is there an Oculus Configuration Utility for setting IPD and your Height as there was for DK2?

VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
Hiro Protagonist
Is there? doesn't seem like there is. I just got mine rift(happy). ANd reading the manual. Doesn't mention anything about  that Configuration utility which in DK2 era(2015) this guy in youtube installed it and used it.  I'm talking in terms of developement for Unity. There is a recent webpage that talks about how to make a simple Unity VR game with Oculus/Samsung etc....and they also don't mention or go through any of the steps for this utility. They just tell you you need the Runtime but don't say anything else.

So is there one or what?

Comments

• GoobersGoobers Posts: 294
    Art3mis
    It's in there. Go to oculus Home, settings, my devices and to the right, just above the pictures for the devices is a drop down box and you can select to run through setup.
  • AndrewJ71AndrewJ71 Posts: 280
    Nexus 6
    For IPD you can just go to the pause screen while you're in the Rift (ie using either the XBox Button or the Oculus button on the Oculus controller) and it's one of the options there.

Not sure about setting height other than doing the full setup, as per Goobers' post.
  • VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
    Hiro Protagonist
    Goobers said:
    It's in there. Go to oculus Home, settings, my devices and to the right, just above the pictures for the devices is a drop down box and you can select to run through setup.
    yeah i did the whole thing today finally got my Rift working it's awesome. But for oculus home you need internet. For that other tool you didn't need internet. And i'm a lad who might lose internet soon