New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Camera Loses my tracking just by going kneeling to inspect an object?

VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
Hiro Protagonist
Ther'es smaller objects in my VR scene i want kneel and inspect them lean in. But when i do that tracking is lost..So it can't be done?Or it can be done but you have to be far enough from your computer? cause i saw one youtube video guy testing roomscale. when he was under the camera he would lose tracking but all the other area was tracked. I'm not doing roomscale. I'm playingin my chair but at times i get off it and i want to look at things below.

PS. this is not a game i bought. I'm trying to make one in Unity and i see problems happen.

Would putting my chair alittle further back help? I tried but the cord is not as long?
i wonder if the cone of detection of the sensor is just too smmall angle. that's why it can't track me

Comments

• GoobersGoobers Posts: 294
    Art3mis
    You have to keep yourself within the cone of view of the sensor. Place it farther away in order to track large motions (from standing to kneeling/crawling range).

The default 3 feet is basically just for sitting or standing.
  • plogarnplogarn Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Ideally place the sensor far up in a corner of your room and pointing down. That should give you the best coverage both for standing, sitting and crawling. 
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited July 2016
    Try to download the app Called Desk scene, that will show you the tracking boundries. You can find that here.
    https://www.wearvr.com/apps/desk-scene-check-your-camera-bounds
    Then you can find out how to get the best coverage for your playspace.

• VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
    Hiro Protagonist
    plogarn said:
    Ideally place the sensor far up in a corner of your room and pointing down. That should give you the best coverage both for standing, sitting and crawling. 

Yeah that ideally not exist in my home. i just have a straight wall and it's a rented place i can't drill stuff :). But i'll try you guy's suggestions of going far away from the censor,
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    If you have a camera tripod you can mount the sensor on top of that, I've tried it and it works much better than having it on your desk :) There is nothing blocking the view if you go 'under' the desk and the tripod give you much more height.
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,295
    Wintermute
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OOJMZ9C/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1467391928&sr=1&keywords=gooseneck+camera+mount 

Cybereality suggested this and it works a treat.  Just attach the rift camera (i just take the base off and leave the whole stem attached to the camera) and find somewhere on the back of your monitor to clip the mount to.  I've bought two, so that i have one for when Touch comes out.