cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step if support wont/dont reply?

mr2daj
Adventurer
What is my next step if support wont/dont reply?

I have sent various emails but seem to be getting nowhere. 

I just want to send the whole unit back now for an exchange as I believe it has multiple problems.

As soon as support realised it was not going to be an easy fix I stopped getting a response. Even after various follow up emails. 

If I cant get a replacement I would happily take a refund.
4 REPLIES 4

Do you think maybe the more complicated the issue the longer it might take?

I wish you luck and hope you're back Rifting soon mr2daj!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

SerVitor
Expert Protege
How long have you been waiting for support to get back to you?

Are you in the UK ?

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-ask-for-a-faulty-item-to-be-repaired-or-repl...

Try those.  Note you have the right to a full refund in the first 30 days according to UK Consumer rights act.  So you can reject a repair as well if you want.  After 30 days they at least must have one attempt at a repair.

I am very lucky myself.  I bought a DP-HDMI adaptor and used that with my monitor and plugged the oculus into the dedicated hdmi port and things seem to be working ok.  Note though that the Oculus headset refused to come on (black screen) when i tried it with the DP-HDMI adaptor.  

My xbox one controller still refuses to work and i think i will be getting in touch with support about that....
i5-4690k 16 gig Ram Win 7 64bit 8 gig ZOTAC AMP EDITION GTX1080

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can PM me, but I'm far behind on PMs so give me some time. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mr2daj
Adventurer
Thanks for the reply's. It has been around a week since the last email I received but even that email was meaningless and basically said "thanks for the information". In the meantime I have done a fair bit of digging and fault finding and have kept sending emails with my findings but have had no reply. 

The original problem was a black screen with amber light but everything showing connected. Last night the unit stopped connecting completely!  Upon inspection I found the bottom right 5v pin in the HDMI plug to be either missing or so far pushed back that I cant see it. Lets hope it is not in my GPU....  As far as I can tell this is a totally different problem. The pin was previously there but looked a long way back. I pictured that and sent it to support but... no reply.

I have decided I would rather send the whole package back for a replacement rather than continuing to fault find at my end and becoming frustrated. If that is not an option then I want to send the unit back for a full refund.

The problem is I have contacted support on numerous occasions and dont get a reply. I know they must be busy but a week between emails is excessive. At this rate it will be months before I even send it back and even longer before I get a new one. Maybe that is the plan... low on stock so dragging things out??? I know I have the right to send it back but how do I act upon that when they wont even reply to an email and there is no phone number? On the subject of phone numbers does anyone have one for them?

Thanks  @cybereality  I will take you up on that but your obviously also busy. I will message you now and see if maybe you could help me out with this.