New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Blaze Rush User Reviews

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
edited July 2016 in Games and Apps
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Blaze Rush User Reviews 87 votes

5 STARS
55%
bdestinyEnkDickDastardlyhymanatorMR-VR_SamRoasterDLFReporterL1VE3V1LHiThere_RedToastySyndroidrekconOrthusdextrovixarkemiffogplaurinpjennessNipocmmedLitespeed 48 votes
4 STARS
29%
FlukeJoseBleppeWildtRedRizlaLeftStepweasel47vwooZuraftaPablitomaxpare79MelmixTjckTock[Deleted User]ntwigbelsSqMonkey87UberwolfeRicktor_BlackGenetix604Zenbane 26 votes
3 STARS
11%
WelbyeckerputblanesZandilcybernettrjk1895GrimfistnroskoJD-UKGwiz84 10 votes
2 STARS
3%
Hicks613danknugzstevo12s 3 votes
1 STAR
0%
Tagged:

Comments

• BleppeBleppe Posts: 189
    Art3mis
    4 STARS
    Love it! The gameplay is simple yet challenging at times on certain tracks. Would love if there were more multiplayer action but singleplayer is great aswell :smile:
    It'll get 4 stars due to the lack of multiplayer action.
  • DLFReporterDLFReporter Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    5 STARS
    Basically what Bleppe said, and I'd give it 4 stars as well due to the lack of people to play with in multiplayer, but since it is so cool to watch the little cars go around the track I just can't give it any less than 5 stars.
    Ordered 20min in. -Waiting for April
  • TadinTadin Posts: 302
    Trinity
    edited July 2016
    5 STARS
    Great game, and definitely my goto game if i only have 10 minutes of play time.

Great fun, fast paced, and love the levels with the combine harvester chasing everyone :smile:

• RedToastyRedToasty Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    For the price, I think it's a no brainer. Top game!
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,089
    3Jane
    3 STARS
    It is good fun but I was surprised to play it again and find it has not added anything to the game I played over a year ago on my Dk2,  same game but had to buy it again to play on CV1.
  • DLFReporterDLFReporter Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    5 STARS

To correct that statement: You do not have to buy the game again, if you bought it via Steam prior to the 28th of March 2016. You just have to go to the Studios Site and they will hand you a new key for OH.

http://keys.blazerush.com/

Ordered 20min in. -Waiting for April
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,524 Valuable Player
    4 STARS
    What's not to like about this game? Super fun, super cute. Blazerush has high ongoing replay value for me.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • JoseJose Posts: 888
    Trinity
    4 STARS
    The game is super dope. Feels like I'm remote controlling some toy cars.
  • OrthusOrthus Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    Great game and lot's of fun.
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 679
    Neo
    5 STARS
    Good buy for sure.. Reminds me of super cars on the amiga ...which is a good thing!!
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • ky4jwky4jw Posts: 114
    Hiro Protagonist
    I cant get it to run on my oculus rift display headset... It will run on the pc but not in headset. cant figure it out..
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,276
    3Jane
    5 STARS
    Some fast fun that ticks all the right boxes.
  • TadinTadin Posts: 302
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    Just realised the game always starts up quite zoomed out for me. I thought it was the default view and still really enjoyed the game, but after re-centering when starting the game (need to do it every time for some reason) the view is right up close to the action and really adds to the fun.
  • SakkuraSakkura Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    5 STARS
    No brainer at the price. It's not mechanically deep and there's no (real) story or anything like that, but it's just pure dumb arcade-y fun.
  • GreganGregan Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    the better buy in fun/money ratio terms. A rockn'roll racing in VR for 10€, a must have!
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    2 STARS
    Got bored in 10 minutes.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,014 Valuable Player
    4 STARS
    danknugz said:
    Got bored in 10 minutes.
    Did you try multiplayer?
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    2 STARS
    Nah, maybe I'll try that next time.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    5 STARS
    Honestly, this is one of my favorite games on the Rift. The survival mode with a large steam like roller coming to crush the players is epic! A battle to the end, I came in only expecting racing modes, but found a lot more. I love Blaze Rush, and 2d screens/video don't do justice for how cool it looks in VR - like little hotwheels you can lean in and look at!
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    Multiplayer is what makes it so great :)
  • AnotherCrazyCanadianAnotherCrazyCanadian Posts: 321
    Nexus 6
    I'm actually upset because I purchased it on steam but apparently that's not "Rift enabled" as I thought it was (It was in the VR section). So I have this paid for non-VR game I expected to be in VR.
    And no, I don't get a key because apparently "it's not in my library". I can't even find the support contact *grumbles*.
    Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?
  • MR-VR_SamMR-VR_Sam Posts: 104
    Art3mis
    5 STARS
    The most enjoyable destructive arcade racer in VR - cheap as well so no-brainer purchase with endless hours of fun
    Loco Dojo - released for Oculus Rift + Touch in April 2017
    Follow on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

Radial-G : Racing Revolved - released for Oculus Rift in March 2016
    Follow on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube
  • viscvisc Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN! - ADD ME IF YOU WANNA PLAY!!
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    3 STARS
    Pretty much a game you may as well play on your smart phone with a bit of VR dazzle thrown on.
  • 5 STARS

Blaze Rush is a great title in its own right and the VR support is very well put together, although having VR support isn't essential to gameplay. But it sure makes it immersive!

Unlike the older Steam version which doesn't have current VR support and reports an error about not finding the statistics server on each race, this version has been kept up to date by the developers. So anyone thinking of buying it on Steam will not get a version that works on a new Rift- it'll only work on a DK1 / DK2 with the old 0.4 runtime. Bit of shame to offer exclusivity on just one platform.

• fuchsi891fuchsi891 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    its ok sometimes the view is strange....3/5
  • Hicks613Hicks613 Posts: 317
    Nexus 6
    2 STARS
    2 stars.  People seem to love it, but I don't see the appeal of playing VR micro machines.
    A couple of my nephews (early teens) think its great.  I do a few laps then quit.  Cute, but boring.
  • Genetix604Genetix604 Posts: 73
    Hiro Protagonist
    4 STARS
    I started playing this last night and loved it, my only very minor gripe is I would like to be able to zoom out very slightly. It reminded me of playing micro machines on the playstation. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,014 Valuable Player
    4 STARS
    I started playing this last night and loved it, my only very minor gripe is I would like to be able to zoom out very slightly. It reminded me of playing micro machines on the playstation. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.
    Lean in close, press "recenter", lean back again.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,067 Valuable Player
    what is the new update like? i have not tried it yet
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)