cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My early impression of Oculus rift

xjlxking
Protege
Okay so I gotta say, I was very uneasy about the Oculus rift. To me, the problems were the limitation of the technology. After using it for a few hours today, I must say, I was somewhat right. I was able to download a few games and some apps to test things out
Project Cars- The game that's considered top as far as car racing is concerned. At least, that what most website say..It's not good whatsoever. Blurry, horrible graphics, and feels weird 
VR videos- This was probably the biggest problem to me. I may not have downloaded them but nearly all the ones that you stream have horrible resolution, even the "highest rated ones". Are there good resolution videos? Sure, but there is nearly no motion in them, if any, it's minor. 
Eve- This is probably the best experience...BY far. Graphics are great and the immersion is incredible; could it be because there are a lot of dark pixels? Maybe but it's awesome

I have yet to download Chronos, but so far if I were to exclude Eve, it's 2/10. With it, I'd say something like 5-6/10. It shows the potential if devs would actually do the work but instead they don't.
3 REPLIES 3

DarkTenka
Trustee
Agree about eve.. while I wish it had more story content, what there is currently is fantastic.

I recommend War thunder for the same reason as eve but it has way better visuals and less "dark pixels".

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I have a titan x gpu and built a pc from scratch and still the games are kinda blurry, project cars is like a wish wash kinda picture. When i consider what i have spent on my pc. I am not impressed

xjlxking
Protege
Yeah no kidding. Gtx 1070 and I can't believe this is all the graphics that can be displayed