cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't return my Oculus Rift ? Seriously ?

soulmachine
Explorer
I ordered my Oculus Rift a few month ago and I received it on 29 Jun, last week I tried to contact the customer support to return my Rift since I think that the resolution is still too low and doesn't meet my expectation. Actually I also have  a Gear VR , and its resolution is even higher than the Rift. This is why I don't want the Rift and try to return it.

The customer support says that according to the Terms of Service, people can not return a used Rift. This is the ridiculous part, when you unbox the Rift, it becomes "used", then you can not return it. Are you kidding me ? 
32 REPLIES 32

mr2daj
Adventurer
send it to me and send them my broken one back for a refund

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
Oculus is a joke..it is amazing people even have rifts..if i knew back then what i know now i dont think i would bought a rift..they dont deserve our money. Lucky palmer made a bad decision

mr2daj
Adventurer
Yea they certainly are a joke... I want my money back and will be getting a vive. 

pertm
Protege

mr2daj said:

Yea they certainly are a joke... I want my money back and will be getting a vive. 

Do you really think Vive is any better ?!?!?

mr2daj
Adventurer
I dont think it is any better. I just think then chances of getting a working unit are higher

pertm
Protege

mr2daj said:

I dont think it is any better. I just think then chances of getting a working unit are higher

It's not, Vive have alot of issues, so your chances is not any better with vive your best bet is to return your broken rift and get a new one, remember thousands of people are receiving functional Rifts, my self included, have not had one issue with mine and I had it for over a month now, plus most of the errors you read about are often peoples own fault, because they often don't know what the hell they are doing. hoping and praying that their shitty pc's can run the rift anyway despite of not meeting the recommended specs. 

mr2daj
Adventurer
Yea hopefully that will be the case. I want to return it for exchange but it is getting ridiculous. Apparently I should hear back soon but im not holding my breath. 11 days and counting since the last reply.

museumsteve
Protege
Why would it be fair for them to refund a unit once it's been opened if there's nothing wrong with it? I see nothing wrong with them refusing this at all. I had a videogame store for 20 years and spent my life refusing people refunds because they spent a week playing a brand new console or game then saying they didn't like it and wanted their money back.

mr2daj
Adventurer
you can send it back. It says so in the terms and conditions. You may have to pay/lose a 15% restocking fee. If you dont like it then sell it. you will probably make a few quid

4.4 Your Right to Cancel or Return Physical Goods. You may cancel your order or pre-order of physical goods at any time prior to shipping and Order Acceptance. After shipping the goods to you, you have the right, within 30 days from the date of your receipt of the goods, to cancel our contract with you and return the goods. This right does not apply to any goods that have been used, or are stated by us to be non-returnable, including any items or goods that have been personalized or modified in accordance with your instructions. The goods must be fully returned in the original packaging with the applicable proof of purchase and you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. If, on return to us, it is determined that the goods have been used, damaged, are missing components, or is not in a resalable condition we may charge a 15% restocking fee, or otherwise reduce the amount of your refund to take account of this damage, use, or missing components.

To cancel your order or return your goods, you must inform us of your decision by following the instructions at https://support.oculus.com.