cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings!

davidwyandgg
Explorer
Hello fellow Oculus Rift developers and enthusiasts! Looks like this might be the first post ever in the developer forums so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm David Wyand, Head of Torque 3D development at GarageGames. Torque 3D is an open source game engine that is available from GitHub. You may find out some more about it here: http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d.

This year we've added Leap Motion controller support, and will push out Razer Hydra support this week. I look forward to integrating the Oculus Rift with Torque 3D and seeing what our community comes up with once the developer kit is released. We have a few Kickstarter supporters in our ranks (including myself) and we can't wait to get started!

- Dave
984 REPLIES 984

admin
Explorer
Hey David,

Great to have you aboard. Looking forward to using the Rift with Torque 3D!

Let us know if we can help with anything.

-- Nate

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey guys!

It's Andres Hernandez. I'm the community manager for Oculus. Some of you may know me as "cybereality" on other forums.

Anyway, really excited to be here. VR has been a dream of mine since the early 90's and it is just recently becoming a reality. Hopefully all of us here, as Rift developers, can help shape the future of VR.

So lets get this thread started. Everyone, please join in and say hello.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

davidwyandgg
Explorer
How about making this thread sticky so new members can find it and tell us about themselves? Feel free to delete this post if it does go sticky.

- Dave

SiggiG
Protege
Hi everyone,

My name is Sigurdur Gunnarsson and I work for CCP Games, the makers of EVE Online and Dust 514. I'm working on a game prototype with the Rift as an experiment, and we might (or might not) show that off in the future 🙂
I've been excited about VR since I was a kid and Carmack managed to rekindle that excitement with his talk at last years E3. When the Oculus Kickstarter was announced I was quick to order a kit for myself (order #1173), and I've managed to find a few kindred souls at work to experiment with VR together.
CCP Games, EVE: Valkyrie developer | @SiggiGG

tastive
Explorer
Hi, folks!

I'm Chris King (handle: tastive), indie developer working on Windows games.

Officially I'm Lumina Celare. I made a game called SPACIOUS, from which I stole most of the assets for Rift Rush.

My goal with the Rift is to make and polish a few very simple, easy to pick up games (such as Rift Rush) to be available on consumer release (and perhaps before) at a very low price point.

Hope everyone's been enjoying the Rift dev experience as much as I have.

Cheers!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great to have you guys here, welcome!

Also, made the topic a sticky as requested.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey everyone,
you may remember me from kickstarter update #28 or one of my many other hijinks across the web (specifically http://stv.re - a website i'm building to help promote vr-ready applications).

i'm not working on any specific game per se, but look forward to creating environments with UDK and playing everyone else's creations.

Tbone
Protege
I'm very excited to see what develops in this community!
The Furious Angels - an Oculus Rift Online Gaming Community!

Zalgryth
Honored Guest
Wow, glad to see this site is finally up and it's finally being shipped! I've been waiting for what seems like forever!

I'm Zalgryth and I'm a student developer from Canada (currently at an internship). I won't be doing any formal projects as of now but I'll definitely be tinkering and trying everything that's available (including TF2, which I haven't ever played).

Nice to meet you all!