New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

New Rift keeps on disconnecting

2»

Comments

• arttekarttek Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    flexy123 said:
    I also posted a question 2 or so weeks ago asking how one can REALLY verify whether ports working at USB3 (since 3rd party tools show all kinds of confusing information) and didn't get ONE constructive reply, only like "well why bother when your Rift works" basically telling me I am not right in the head wanting to know what mode my USB ports are actually in. (THIS is actually significant since it also means how much power the devices get). Tools like USBDevView or USBTreeView show only my "Rift Sensor" as USB3.0 but everything else as USB2.0, although OH says it's in 3.0
    This is a valid question, because if something does happen to go wrong, you want to eliminate your PC hardware as the cause, so knowing that your USB ports are working as they should, helps the diagnosis. I too am in the same boat to try and find the right tools to diagnose issues, should they occur. 

VR is still relatively experimental at this point. It's certainly gotten better throughout the years, but there's obviously still a lot of bugs to sort out. 
  • dirtyriderdirtyrider Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Too all the people that have been having the hmd disconnection problems, i was too, tried everything on here, oculus support were rubbish, luckily i got my rift from Game.uk and they replaced it for a new one with no quibble.
    Guess what ? No disconnections at all
  • ScotLScotL Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    I have the same problem. Oculus support knows this is a common issue and is now trying to avoid honoring their warranty. Mine is 7 months old and has the same problem. I have the original box and everything that came with it, the purchase receipt, a video showing the problem when the headset is touched, and an unboxing video proving it was new when I bought it but they still refuse to honor their warranty.
    My only advice is to buy a Vive instead. But if you're reading this, it's probably too late.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Hi, @ScotL. We do honor the warranty, but the warranty is only valid when purchased from supported retailers and within a select set of countries we service. I'm really sorry.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • HoyterrificHoyterrific Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I was able to fix my connection issue. For me it was a USB problem.

I had the same problem with my Rift working for 5-10 seconds and then disconnecting. Then it would reconnect only to disconnect moments later. It kept saying no HDMI connection.

My fix was to not use any USB 3.0 ports. For whatever reason my headset kept disconnecting while connected to 3.0. My headset and both sensors are now connected to USB 2.0.

I also changed my windows power settings to not automatically turn off the oculus sensors to save power and also changed my power settings to high performance. Not sure if this actually helped.

I also had a problem with the HDMI not connecting during setup. It wouldn't connect while my DVI monitor was connected. But unplugging my DVI allowed the Rift to work for a limited amount of time.

My computer: 

GPU: AMD R9 280x (I know it's below the recommended settings but it still works, saving up for a better card). 

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,708 Valuable Player
    ScotL said:
    I have the same problem. Oculus support knows this is a common issue and is now trying to avoid honoring their warranty. Mine is 7 months old and has the same problem. I have the original box and everything that came with it, the purchase receipt, a video showing the problem when the headset is touched, and an unboxing video proving it was new when I bought it but they still refuse to honor their warranty.
    My only advice is to buy a Vive instead. But if you're reading this, it's probably too late.

They replaced mine, I waited until the 11th month of my warranty.  Where did you actually buy your rift?  Mine came from Amazon.
  • Bebop33Bebop33 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I disconnected from usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 and all seems good - for now. only had the unit 3 days.
  • SPLARKSPLARK Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine isn't new, I got it last Christmas. But I have the same problem as you guys...  :s :'(
  • A7xMadA7xMad Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    JohnnyLee said:
    Disconnect SOLVED for good.

Returned the Rift and bought the VIVE. No more disconnects! I can finally play longer than 8 minutes without a disconnect. NO WAY I was waiting months and months for Oculus to fix this. Not at $600. Bye bye rift.
    Lol you didnt really fix anything, you just went to a more inferior system dont lie to yourself lol
  • oleg.shutovoleg.shutov Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I found pretty easy solution of the problem. Just disable Oculus headphones. It's not a cable - it's loose connection from set to heaphones. They located on adjustable sliding thing and it just stops working properly after multiple adjustments.
  • Hot_PocketsHot_Pockets Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    is this forum still active. im having a similar problem at the moment when trying to set up my rift. its been working since april this year and suddenly the headset just cuts out. did anyone find a solution?
  • markpillowsmarkpillows Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    bump, same shit,  frustrating as hell.  Tried running on all usb 3.0 to all on 2.0 and every conceivable combination in between.  Uninstalled and reinstalled oculus software.  Updated all drivers and running most up to date version of the oculus software.  Initially it works but the dreaded disconnect rears it's ugly head and then it's simply stuck with an error on the headset icon in the devices window.
2»