cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch Packaging Images

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Boxes look rather snazzy in keeping with the Rift design. These are developer versions so might differ from the consumer version but I doubt it. Also, they are shipping out multiple units to developers which could be viewed as encouraging that they have healthy supplies.

Source: https://twitter.com/fcondeg/status/753131144258945025

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
16 REPLIES 16

notaprimenumber
Protege
There's something in the geometry, lights or contrast of this image that bothers me. It looks fake. Of course it isn't, there wouldn't be any point in doing that, it's just this particular photo. (and my eyes/monitor I suppose)

Nah looks legit to me. I hope the wait isn't just about wanting a certain list of games to be complete! I'd settle for one game to try out

notaprimenumber
Protege
I haven't said it's fake!!! It just kinda seems. A bit. I'd like more images, less wide angle, different light, and most of all, something for reference. Like a banana.
😛

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

I haven't said it's fake!!! It just kinda seems. A bit. I'd like more images, less wide angle, different light, and most of all, something for reference. Like a banana.
😛

It's because of the very, very subtle shadows in the front.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

notaprimenumber
Protege
yes, plus the harsh contrast to the table. Does it gives the same "fake-ish" sensation to you too? It was not a paranoid accusation, just a comment!

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Yeah. It looks a bit odd.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Bilbosmeggins
Heroic Explorer
Well, that's the boxes sorted out.  Just the small matter of the innards now 😉

CrashFu
Consultant
@usernameisalreadyinu  -  The "fake" look might also come from how the three boxes are stacked at precisely the same angle.

Maybe "fake looking" isn't even the right word here, maybe what we want is "avant-garde modern art installation"?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The picture looks fake to me too. Behind the boxes is a very bright light source, however there is barely any shadow in front of the boxes. I think that's why it looks fake. In any case, I can confirm they did actually receive 3 kits, so it's real.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV