New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Hawken gets oculus support

Emvy-Emvy- Posts: 125
Hiro Protagonist
edited November 2013 in Games and Apps
patch will be released 5 september.

◾We're pleased to announce that this update will include alpha level Oculus Rift support! This feature is very much still in development, and we're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

enjoy all :)
«13

Comments

  • HerolordHerolord Posts: 300
    NerveGear
    Yay!
  • p3falienp3falien Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    great news!
    been waiting for this a long time now.
    "You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."- Mark Twain
  • oooh snap!
    AWESOME !!!!!
  • ChristiaanChristiaan Posts: 386
    Art3mis
    Oh, baby.
  • DarrenMDarrenM Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    It already works if you edit the ini manually, but it needs more polish. Hopefully this release makes the cockpit a bit easier to see. Currently I can't diverge my eyes enough to bring it to a single image.
  • MickmanMickman Posts: 101
    Fantastic !! just about to test it out now...
  • the head tracking works fine, but its not 3d how do i enable 3d mode cant seem to find it
  • Emvy-Emvy- Posts: 125
    Hiro Protagonist
    guys the patch will be released 2 days from now.

    why mess arround with the ini file when you have an ingame support option in 2 days with a full 3d cockpit.
  • DarrenMDarrenM Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    Because it takes 10 seconds to do and I did it a month ago. I was confused about the excitement for the patch when you could already run it.

    Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config\HawkenEngine.ini

    [Engine.Stereo3D]
    bEnabled=true

    There's a bunch of other settings there for IPD etc, and a section for the rift as well [Engine.Oculus]
  • Brian123Brian123 Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    I only just got the rift a week ago and been busy and forgot to try Hawken, so the updated couldn't have been timed better. Been looking forward to a mech game of any kind for a long long time. Never did I imagine it would be like this thanks to the Oculus Rift. While the cockpit immersion will be great, how's does the gameplay stack up with the current limited resolution?
  • whoisonlinewhoisonline Posts: 415
    NerveGear
    I can't wait to give Hawken a go, I tried it a few months ago with the patches etc, but some how it didn't really work well, I hope they got it all sorted now. I'll see you guys there :-)
  • HerolordHerolord Posts: 300
    NerveGear
    DarrenM wrote:
    Because it takes 10 seconds to do and I did it a month ago. I was confused about the excitement for the patch when you could already run it.

    Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config\HawkenEngine.ini

    [Engine.Stereo3D]
    bEnabled=true

    There's a bunch of other settings there for IPD etc, and a section for the rift as well [Engine.Oculus]
    Wait, so does it work or not? I'm confused because you say that it works already, but in another post you said that you can't get the separation right.
  • DarrenMDarrenM Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    It works. The separation issue is just for the cockpit.
  • HerolordHerolord Posts: 300
    NerveGear
    DarrenM wrote:
    It works. The separation issue is just for the cockpit.
    What does that mean? That the cockpit doesn't look 3d, or that it does that eye-hurting effect when the parallax is wrong? I'm gonna try it and report the results.
  • DarrenMDarrenM Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    I means I see a double image of the cockpit because I can't bring my eyes in to make it form a single image. Hold your hand up at arms length and focus on something behind it. That's what the cockpit looks like for me.
  • DarrenM wrote:
    I means I see a double image of the cockpit because I can't bring my eyes in to make it form a single image. Hold your hand up at arms length and focus on something behind it. That's what the cockpit looks like for me.

    Best way I can explain this is that the UI in the cockpit is so close to your face it hurts. You feel like you stuck your head into a tiny model. Outside of the model is awesome but anytime you look at the cockpit it breaks immersion.

    I am excited to see what Hawken has done, if anything, with the UI.
  • torctorc Posts: 37
    WTF are you sayin'?
    Hawken Rift implementation is frakkin' broken! we're all aware of it,no matter what settings you change:
    -No re-center drift button.
    -cockpit completely out of parallax.
    -mech pitch controls broken.
    -UI unreadable
    -HUD frakked up.
    -FOV broken.

    It's completely impossible to play in this conditions and be competitive,or at least having a good experience,but just a big headache.

    The new patch will give you integrated Rift UI,Hud working correctly and mechs controls fixed,plus minor things mentioned above and other stuff.
    That's why we're all excited about this.

    Finally you can PLAY Hawken with the rift.
  • DarrenMDarrenM Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yes
    DarrenM wrote:
    It already works if you edit the ini manually, but it needs more polish.
  • torctorc Posts: 37
    I correct your post for you:

    It already works if you edit the ini manually, if you are looking for heavy eyestrain and whining beause is BASICALLY UNPLAYABLE AND NOT SUPPORTED YET.
  • DarrenMDarrenM Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    No, you told me what your experience is. You shouldn't speak for others, only yourself. Your experience will never be the same as everyone else and it's fine to share what it's like for you, but don't try to tell me what my experience is.

    I don't get eye strain and it's playable for me, but not as competitively as on a plain monitor of course. Obviously the proper release will be much better and is worth getting excited for. I was just letting people know they could experience the game with the rift now since judging by peoples posts on reddit etc many aren't in fact aware of the current option.

    Chill.
  • isnt the patch supposed to be today, anybody know if it's out yet?
  • torctorc Posts: 37
    Darren first of all my post wasn't directed at you, but this is not a matter of taste:

    Sure, you can RUN Hawken with the rift,but sayin' that's playable or an enjoyin'experience is Basically not correct.
    Because ''de facto'' Rift support will come with this patch...nothing more,nothing less.

    You can say that you've enjoyed the experience,but people that tested Hawken in rift mode can obviouysly say that is just a concept,and not supported properly.

    So, the weird and personal opinion is yours,not mine.
    i'm just suggesting people to don't mess up with configuration since the new patch will include fully Rift implementation.

    Regarding the release date, it has been moved to Sept.10.
  • waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(

    NOW:
  • virrorvirror Posts: 402
    Brain Burst
    That's why we are so upset in this thread : p
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 587
    Nexus 6
    About time the finally got this delayed
  • whoisonlinewhoisonline Posts: 415
    NerveGear
    4 more days and counting. I hope it doesn't get delayed again.
  • torctorc Posts: 37
    Yeah, at least we can play during the week end...read carefully the link posted above by OculusAsh.
  • LeopardonLeopardon Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    torc wrote:
    Yeah, at least we can play during the week end...read carefully the link posted above by OculusAsh.
    ;)
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.