cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update R.U.T.T.P.

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
..or are u takin the piss oculus??? I have to reinstall Every Game after this latest update FFS!!!
5 REPLIES 5

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Not to be insensitive, but this seems like a very isolated incident, I've yet to have any issue with any update. Possibly software related? Maybe it doesn't like where you have it installed? Maybe it's lacking permission to overwrite but tries to anyway? Not sure what steps you've tried to fix this problem, I know I'd get very frustrated if I had your issue, know you don't want to hear it, but staying calm (especially when frustrated) seems to get the issue resolved much faster than foaming up at the mouth (at least in my experiences). Hope you can get this resolved so you can enjoy your VR exploits.

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Point is I havent had to with Any other update and the kits the same cept for a 2TB SSD replacement

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Well, if it's a first time issue and only started when to changed hard drives, that seems like a user error to me.. if the issue persists after normal steps, perhaps try a full uninstall/reboot/reinstall of the software to tell the software your new directory.

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Why do people like you always assume user error when things happen. It IS NOT user errror - I mirrored  the SSDs and Everything is working perfectly apart from all the games needing a reinstall, this is obvious and the only problem, which has nothing to do with me. Please dont assume i'm new to computers building installing & troubleshooting, when I want to have a rant about badly coded updates for the base  software that mean I have to reinstall everything afterwards!!

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Right, so how is it not a user issue if there was no problem UNTIL you swapped it? I'm not saying you're computer illiterate, but how is it oculus's fault that their software was working fine until you changed your hardware, even if you did it correctly? Didn't say if you have done the full removal of oculus software to start from scratch instead of mirroring everything. What I was trying to do was help you fix it so it doesn't happen again and you can enjoy vr without hassle, if you were just wanting to "have a rant about badly coded updates" when most people have 0 issues with the updates, then my bad, I should have stayed silent like everyone else who viewed this post.

Edit: Also people like me assume user error because you posted no specifics originally, just asked if they were taking "the piss" and that you had to reinstall all your games after this update.