cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR Developer Mode on S7?

ngomaichi
Honored Guest
So I've been trying for about an hour to enable the Gear VR DEVELOPER Mode on my GS7 with no luck. All instruction I can find tells you do go to Settings > App Manager > Gear VR Service and click on the version. (free samsung ringtone)
My problem is that I have no "Gear VR Service" in my app manager. I have "Gear VR System" which is the only gear app to give me anow option to manage storage. I have gone and clicked on the version so many times to no avail. I have done the sideload with vr apps with my device signature as well. Any ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See more: http://freeringtonesfree.mobi/message-tones
http://freeringtonesfree.mobi/country-music-ringtones
7 REPLIES 7

rgang50
Explorer
This is what I did on my Galaxy Note 7 - Settings > About Phone  then tap Build number about 7 times and Developer Option is turned on. In Settings I now have a new option called { } Developer Option.
Not sure if this will work for you.

Protogtp1jr
Honored Guest
To enable developer mode S7, S7 edge you must download the Oculus Mobile SDK before you can get developer mode toggle. Also make sure you have Sideload VR you must get your device ID follow the instructions on how to use it in Sideload VR.

Protogtp1jr
Honored Guest
Also make sure that you disable the automatic updates for oculus and anything related to it. The reason for this is the S7 and S7 edge run a different version than the Oculus Mobile SDK. If it updates you will lose your developer mode and have to redo it again.

smilertoo
Protege
Why would the versions be out of sync when gearvr only works on Samsung phones? doesnt sound good.

ngomaichi
Honored Guest
hi, i've working, thanks all, good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rihanna work lyrics
7 years lyrics

rodrigonella
Honored Guest
Haha. I have never owned a Gear VR

nickwilsonss
Honored Guest
How much is a Gear now?