Mountain Goat Mountain User Reviews — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Mountain Goat Mountain User Reviews

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,573 Valuable Player
edited August 2016 in Games and Apps
Please post your rating of the free Mountain Goat Mountain game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Mountain Goat Mountain User Reviews 56 votes

5 STARS
44%
denisHiro_Protag0nistCasuallynotedtwisteklabsNexiousnalex66InditronicShadowmask72elbofforGenetixStudioDingleshanafp3fect3nemyKkhromeCLParkerchrisbardLZoltowskiOpticKingZenbaneShadwar 25 votes
4 STARS
23%
DeadlyJoeeckerputCDJayPablitoLitespeedThugrVRclosetn3cr0-0SollithShadowflyNullifidianNickzleonidmryeburn 13 votes
3 STARS
23%
FlukeKevinLongtimeWildtbigmike20vtJeffNikSyndroidmsm903MrAnderson96543jmcgee412zbosonJokergod2000PIXELATEDxGIGANTx 13 votes
2 STARS
5%
TwoHedWlfSpiceLife72Alacer 3 votes
1 STAR
3%
jmalmstenComic_Book_Guy 2 votes

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,108 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    5 points all the way. The only thing that could make this game better would be the addition of a Donkey.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,573 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    Simple, addictive and best of all it's free. Plus there's lots of unlockables (that you don't pay for) that are pretty neat.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,755 Volunteer Moderator
    5 STARS
    Simple, fun and addictive .. just like me! :) .... great little game, its free and hours and hours of fun.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    5 STARS
    "Epic, a groundbreaking experience that will pull you in and not let go." - Me
     "Outstanding - the definitive VR experience!" - Myself
     "Never have I ever been so immersed as to the life of a Goat, not even in Goat Simulator, this is a must have title." - I

It really is a great little game, and hard to beat at the low cost of Free - definitely worth a try or 600.
  • twisteklabstwisteklabs Posts: 416
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    If you don't give this game 5 stars, you are a jealous developer from a rival team.
    CPU: Intel i5-4690K
    Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR
    Ram: 8GB 1600MHz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,193
    3Jane
    1 STAR
    ^ Or simply someone who played it for 5 min and uninstalled.
    5 STARS
    ^  He has no soul ...... :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• ThugThug Posts: 431
    Trinity
    edited August 2016
    4 STARS
    Difficult one to vote for me.
    Ok, its a great little addictive game, and being free is even better.
    But is it really a VR game or would it work just as well in a 2d environment?
    Not only that, but is it in the same ball park as Dirt Rally, Pcars and Elite Dangerous?
    Possibly not.
    To me its in the same area as Lucky's Tail.

Still, definitely worthy of a download, and respect to the producers for making this free.
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • matskatsabamatskatsaba Posts: 275
    Nexus 6
    "5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy"
    LoL.
    It's awesome, I got it too. But I doubt anybody will buy it.
  • AlacerAlacer Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    2 STARS
    Better play on 2D device then with VR.
    However in 2D is still boring.
    Finally its not VR game at all. I thought we evaluate the game for VR, mainly.
    5 STARS
    When I looked up towards my Spartan sun, there was an eclipse. VR support confirmed.
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 674
    Neo
    I wont vote as I didnt play it long enough, as I knew if I stayed longer  I would lose a lot of time to this addictive game :D
    Prob 4 or 5

-P
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
    5 STARS
    Zenbane said:
    When I looked up towards my Spartan sun, there was an eclipse. VR support confirmed.
    @Zenbane confirms VR support. Half-Life 3 Confirmed

• shanafshanaf Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    5 STARS
    Most addictive game in the Oculus store! I haven't stopped playing this and what's crazy is it's free and all the paid games I've purchased aren't getting a look in after me getting this game haha
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,573 Valuable Player
    edited August 2016
    5 STARS
    It's funny how one of the most least "VR" games is liked so much. We certainly need those one star votes to kick us all back into reality.

Baaaaa!

• BilbosmegginsBilbosmeggins Posts: 246
    Nexus 6
    5 STARS
    Deffo a 5 from me.  And I think that VR adds to it nicely, as the feel of having a good scout around before the manic scramble begins seems just right.  Nice to be able to peep around hazards too, before drowning your goat :)
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    2 STARS
    I gave it a 2,  the need to find food in such a short time before starving to death turns it into an irritating, stressful rush and ruins what could otherwise be a fun little game.
  • PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 240
    Nexus 6
    3 STARS
    Addictive...
    the Dubstep goat is going to be there when I need it (now I've wasted a few hours getting him)
    .. should have voted 4 as it's free but it's not what i came to VR for
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
  • jmalmstenjmalmsten Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    1 STAR
    Wow... this one just felt lazy... A Qbert clone with a goat... 
  • ShadowflyShadowfly Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    4 STARS
    I believe VR will make almost any game come to life. This one especially. Why would you want to go back to flat!?
    This game creates an enormous feeling of depth and scale when you look up at the never ending climb above you and back down to the trail you have already blazed below. It is some how satisfying to lean over and peer into the pond of water your goat just fell into and drowned to see it has fish swimming in it.  I think Q-Bert was made before its time and should really be VR!
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    OK, now I really want to play VR-Bert
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • CLParkerCLParker Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    5 STARS
    Its totally like a VR version of Q-bert!
  • NexiousNexious Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    I have played Goat Mountain Goat so much that I can impersonate the death of the goat sound. :p  
    5 STARS
    Quick reminder:

I launched a WebVR page showcasing the Top 3 scores from members of this community,

http://mystrock.com/goatvr/

If anyone beats those scores be sure to take a screenshot and send it to me. I'll be happy to add you to the trio.

• OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    5 STARS
    Haven't played this in quite a while with all the other stuff out there. Might have to change that for a time.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,906 Valuable Player
    3 STARS
    Decent little game good for a half an hour here and there.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    5 STARS
    Zenbane said:
    Quick reminder:

I launched a WebVR page showcasing the Top 3 scores from members of this community,

http://mystrock.com/goatvr/

If anyone beats those scores be sure to take a screenshot and send it to me. I'll be happy to add you to the trio.

Oh, I've gotten higher than 530... I'll have to go in and check later, but I think my best is something like 544.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    edited October 2016
    5 STARS
    Nice! 530 is my score so I'm currenlty in 3rd place. If you beat that be sure to screenshot it!
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 351
    Trinity
    4 STARS
    This was unexpected!

Didn't expect much from this game, and thought it would be a wast of space on my drive...
    But after this thread I thought I give it a go do to thats it's free.
    And it's actually a really cute and fun little game, quite addictive as well!  :)
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,823 Valuable Player
    3 STARS
    Hi
    out of curiosity other than guessing was there ever an official reason why this game was pulled?  I still have access to it, it works perfectly.  Even if the devs went under it seems a shame to remove it from existence.

Thanks
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)