cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor has stopped working after windows anniversary update.

t3hero
Explorer
Have tried every usb 3.0 port port, and reinstalled the oculus software with no success. 

Current Win 10 v1607.
Using the CV1

It's just stuck like this:

9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try using USB 2.0. It can be more reliable for compatibility.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

t3hero
Explorer

Try using USB 2.0. It can be more reliable for compatibility.

Nope. Even tried using the front USB ports with no luck. 

It just keeps saying its an unknown device it seems. Anywhere to find a direct download for the sensor driver?

PravusJSB
Expert Protege
What board do you have? The annoying thing with W10 AFAIK is it updates your drivers without your authorisation, so I suspect that might be the root of the issue and it's one of the things I would rule out. Find out what controllers your board uses and download the drivers direct from the manufacturers website, see if that fixes the issue.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can try running "OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi" in "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus". Also going into Device Manager and uninstalling the Unknown device first may help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

t3hero
Explorer

PravusJSB said:

What board do you have? 

Asus Z170-A. Although I have already updated everything on my mobo except my bios (That was my first thought too!) including a USB driver update that was released last week.

You can try running "OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi" in "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus". Also going into Device Manager and uninstalling the Unknown device first may help.

Uhh.. is a window suppose to pop up, because I clicked it and nothing really happened? Tried uninstalling it and no resolution as well.

Anyway, small update. It's no longer Unknown, but still isn't identified by the Oculus setup thing. 

t3hero
Explorer
Fixed it!

Just forced installed Driver from 
C:\Program Files\Oculus VR Runtime Drivers\Drivers\Rift Sensor
for the unknown device. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
What if you run "oculus-driver.exe" in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

t3hero
Explorer

What if you run "oculus-driver.exe" in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

That did it, thanks!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome. Glad I could help.