New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Minecraft VR doesnt work for many, fix in thread

Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
3Jane
edited August 2016 in Games and Apps
edited: fix in thread, resolved.

Comments

• Saschb2bSaschb2b Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    You can get a free windows 10 key. Just look into your mojang backend if you bought minecraft for pc. There should be an option.
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    I get "already redeemed  key" . I get a "play" button on the Microsoft store for Minecraft Windows 10 beta, no option to download files. There's the issue. No files, no VR. It appears they want me to buy it again. Not gonna happen.
  • GrinderX9GrinderX9 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Same problem. I first downloadet it from oculus home, thinking that was it. press start, nothing happens. So I bought the game from Microsoft store, start the game fine, But no VR. Try to start simultanly in oculus home, thinking mabe it needs to run main game or something first. Nothing happens. Uninstall windows verson, still don't start in oculus home. Uninstall from oculus home, then reinstall nothing happens (game don't start at all). Reinstall from windows store, and game starts normaly, but no Vr option, and no image in the Rift. So whats going on, what do I need to do? And first and formost, why don't it start from oculus home.
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    I think you need to BUY Windows 10 beta. I apparently "already redeemed key" for the "free" version, but have no history of redeeming it ( very confused by this). I can log into the normal Minecraft client no problem but 10 beta version on the store will not offer to let me download files. I only get a play button and a buy button. I believe this is the issue and I refuse to shell out twice for the same game.
  • RuudscornerRuudscorner Posts: 436
    Art3mis
    If you did redeem the key then it is locked to a Microsoft account? Do you have more than the one you're on now? If you did not then you have been the victim of a fraud and someone "stole" your key and redeemed it for themselfes or someone else. If the latter can be the case then I think you need to contact Mojang.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited August 2016
    No, that's not true. You don't have to buy anything twice. 

You can download the base Minecraft VR game from the Oculus Store for Free. Then, make sure you are logged into your Microsoft account on your computer. The Oculus version of the game will check if you already purchased Minecraft on the Windows Store and should download the IAP without any additional charge. Or you can purchase the IAP from within the Oculus app and it will sync with your Windows account. 

Hope that makes sense.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    Our house has only ever had one Microsoft ( Outlook) account. and it says key already redeemed. I don't get it.

The Oculus Minecraft client is only 5mb, so it's sure not downloading squat.
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    edited August 2016
    Regarding the Oculus download for Minecraft being tiny: After reading the Minecraft VR message on the MOJANG website, it looks like the main download is the Windows 10 beta version, and the Oculus Home download is just a small special VR launcher... Of course, I'm at work and cant try it yet. :-)
    3Jane
    Exactly. I was pretty sure I wasnt mistaken about that. And the Microsoft store wont let me download it! All I got is play, or buy. No download.
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    It may be  important reiterate I have a play button. I can launch it from the store. But I cant download files.
    I can ofcourse download and install the normal version...but that doesnt help and isnt related to Windows 10 beta version! : /

ugh.
    Can you play the Windows 10 beta version from the Microsoft Store? Are there any pending updates? I'd try to make sure that is working first, and that it's fully updated, before trying in Oculus Home.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    There are no files on my PC. It says I have 90 min of play time and I am able to play it from the store. My "free" key is already redeemed. I'm very confused.

On the Xbox store, Windows 10 beta is listed under "my games". It works without being installed??  I don't even.
    For only 90 min and doesnt work with Oculus. Why is it called free when it's a damn demo? 
  • GrinderX9GrinderX9 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Think I know my problem, I have an unactivated win 10. So even if I bought a legit win store version of minecraft. I am unable to play it in VR, because Oculus homes version of minecraft need to communicate to my windows account. that sucks :( . Strange that oculus home cant communicate and see my legit version of minecraft in my win store account.
  • space123321space123321 Posts: 134
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2016
    I can launch on Windows store however it wont start via Oculus home... click Start - states now playing, and then instantly stops and start is back...
    3Jane
    I can launch on Windows store however it wont start via Oculus home... click Start - states now playing, and then instantly stops and start is back...
    Exactly
  • Knightshade.SteveKnightshade.Steve Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2016
    I... downloaded the app through the windows store after redeeming my key.
    it wouldn't run in VR.. and there's no option in the options.

I then realised it was already in the Oculus Store so i tried downloading it from there instead.
    worked right away, fantastic. they finally did it.
    wunderbar.
    Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from W7 retail) / activated.

I hope it gets vive support soon, i have a friend in need.

I'm not sure why Windows 10 doesn't know i have a headset and why i had to use my Oculus client to tell the windows store that i have a headset and that's the version i need....
    maybe it's because mine's a DK2
    But im very happy, been waiting for this for some time now.
    Thank you for working with MS and getting the client to function with the Windows Store.
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    Can you play the Windows 10 beta version from the Microsoft Store? Are there any pending updates? I'd try to make sure that is working first, and that it's fully updated, before trying in Oculus Home.
    It works, after saying it will only work for 90m, and shows a count down. Its not the game, I have no files downloaded or installed in regards to Minecraft besides the Oculus ap.

Im talking to microsoft support right now but they're at a loss too. The guy before this one hung up on me too. He gave up I bet. Had remote acess and seemed obssesed with the fact clearly I can play it from the store! ...ya THE 90 MIN DEMO I HAVE NO FILES DOWNLOADED!
    Key " already redeemed", all I get is a 90 m demo with no files to download. This is complete crap lol
  • juup87juup87 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Not working for me. I can launch the game for MS store but i can't lauch it for oculus home. It start loading it but crashes back to home almost instantly.
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    Ive been in live chat with Microsoft for 2 hours now. They dont bloody get it. Majong is where you buy minecraft, it comes with a windows 10 beta key. the key doesnt work. Is that not clear? lol

Or I am totally misunderstanding and all we get is 90 min and dont download anything???
    No, according to 
    http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-titles/minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-faq

So its clear my key is screwed.
  • janhercajanherca Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Super disppointed. This is super weird. I purchased Minecraft PC a year ago, redeem the W10 Ed. Now it isn't in the purchases of my Microsoft account and all I can play in VR is 90 min. Microsfot is doing a hell of a nightmare with the account issues. What a way of making shit of a loving game like Minecraft, holy crap!!
    3Jane
    janherca said:
    Super disppointed. This is super weird. I purchased Minecraft PC a year ago, redeem the W10 Ed. Now it isn't in the purchases of my Microsoft account and all I can play in VR is 90 min. Microsfot is doing a hell of a nightmare with the account issues. What a way of making shit of a loving game like Minecraft, holy crap!!
    Yup. I was chatting with Microsoft support for 2 and a half hours to no avail, they sent me to Majong.
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Yeah, doesn't seem to be linking the two.  How many damn signins do I need  just to get the game?  Mojang, microsoft, xbox live, Oculus...
  • space123321space123321 Posts: 134
    Hiro Protagonist
    I hope it is figured out soon - such a let down...
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Oh hey...Now it's working.  After an hour of randomly clicking and signing in, out, installing, uninstalling it suddenly seems to have picked up that I've redeemed the code for it.
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,782
    Project 2501
    Same here guys been playing Minecraft forever...Win 10 edition beta installed and running, but when I try to start the Oculus version, it wants to start but closes immediately
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • Knightshade.SteveKnightshade.Steve Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    FYI the main tracker for issues lies here;
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/426965

tho im sure oculus are checking both threads.
    3Jane
    I figured it out. Was a old account. I am logged into it in the windows store and " own" windows 10 beta. But it doesnt work in VR. The oculus ap does screw all.
    3Jane
    Apparently this is the same thing, even though its a totally different issue I'm not aloud to make a new thread.

MY BAD.

Fix your crap guys.
    edited August 2016
    We are investigating the issue right now with Microsoft. But it would help to provide clear details as to what is happening and provide the logs I've asked for in the main thread. Saying "fix your crap" is not constructive, especially if you are not providing the information that could help us actually fix the problem. Thanks.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,642 Volunteer Moderator
    The oculus app is saying I need Minecraft 1511 to continue.
    Windows Store lets me launch Minecraft for Win10 version 0.15.6.
    Windows Xbox Live lets me launch Minecraft for Win10 version 0.15.6 and regular Minecraft 1.10.2.
    I've got the beta key redeemed (from when the win10 version first came out) and store automatic updates on plus I did a manual update in the store, I can't see any way to update minecraft to 1511. (damn the windows store is a mess)