cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement rift HDMI not detected SOLUTION

Siegfriedshead
Protege
My replacement rift wasn't being detected in the Oculus setup utility and I did everything in the oculus support section/forums on the topic.

I found the solution myself and it's simple.

.Skip the first part of the oculus setup where it's trying to detect the rift's HDMI, USB and the sensor. (ignore the warning)
.get to the fireware update part and do it.
.Once that finishes just use the back button at the top left or restart the setup and it will immediately detect the rift.

Just sharing because I spent an hour trying to figure this simple thing out like an idiot and I'm trying to save anyone else from wasting part of their weekend 😛
3 REPLIES 3

Siegfriedshead
Protege
this needs to be added to the support section it sends you to when you click "help" in the setup tool mods 😉 

Baz_uK
Expert Protege
Yea, my replacement Rift arrived and the setup process could not fino the HMD, I skipped it and I also had problems with the remote not even being detected. After the firmware updates on the HMD, sensor and remote everything played nice. I knew the firmware date was needed, but not to the extent the Rift would not even be detected!! I admit I was panicking that I may have had a DIAMOND replacement Rift. Anyway, all good now, hopefully it will stay like this for 4 weeks or so. Any problems should show its ugly head during this time. 

Baz_uK
Expert Protege
Sorry DIAMOND was supposed to say DOA......stupid predicted text!