New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Breakthrough For Many Issues: 'UserModePowerService'

13»

Comments

• FiegeFiege Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Upgrade my Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro and tried DNA's solution. I'll keep you updated.
  • DNACowboyDNACowboy Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    jasonh said:
    Thankfully this worked for me and I no longer have the constant USB connect sounds going while I am in iracing!
    Really pleased for you guys!

On a side note:

;wicketnezz

I recommend you get a powered usb 3.0 hub which will ensure a stable power solution rather than the dodgy supply USB ports can give you such as:

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORICO%C2%AE-Aluminum-12V2-5A-Adapter-3-3Ft/dp/B01E6HW910

US: https://www.amazon.com/ORICO-Aluminum-12V2-5A-Adapter-3-3Ft/dp/B00BIDTU04

this is a great usb 3 hub in quality black aluminium with a dedicated power supply.
    Who is John Galt?
  • DNACowboyDNACowboy Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    edited September 2016
    jasonh said:
    Thankfully this worked for me and I no longer have the constant USB connect sounds going while I am in iracing!
    Really pleased for you guys!

On a side note, I recommend a USB 3.0 that is powered, this ensures the rift gets a constant dedicated power supply as opposed to the flacky supply you can get with some cheap internal USB 3 hubs. 

This is a great usb3 hub and it comes in sexy black aluminium!

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORICO%C2%AE-Aluminum-12V2-5A-Adapter-3-3Ft/dp/B01E6HW7SK

US: https://www.amazon.com/ORICO-Aluminum-12V2-5A-Adapter-3-3Ft/dp/B00BIDTU04

the hub comes in 4, 7 and 10 slot flavours.
    Who is John Galt?
  • TC1999TC1999 Posts: 184
    Art3mis
    I got one of the 9 port usb 2 powered hubs and can highly recommend their products, really well made. 

Going to order one of the usb 3 hubs to work with the rift combined with DNA's solution to hopefully make it bullet proof.  
  • Zero_coldZero_cold Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have Win 10 Home, so unable to edit policies. It's unavailable even after tool installation.

Problem is still here. I have application (e.g. Elite dangerous) crash right after policy change:

"07/10 01Process X:\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (process ID:4604) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}"

Here is error:

"07/10 01:23:32.783 {!ERROR!} [Home]
    [home_error] { description: [Build] Not yet implemented: LogQEExposure, stack:    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Lumberjack.Lumberjack.MakeLine(Level level, System.String tag, System.String message, System.String[] append)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Lumberjack.Lumberjack.Log(Level level, System.String tag, System.String message, System.String[] append)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Lumberjack.Lumberjack.E(System.String tag, System.String message, System.String[] append)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.Config.Platform.OnNotImplemented(System.String feature)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.PlatformSpecific.Rift.HomeApplicationRift.LogQEExposure(System.String universeName, System.String groupName, System.String userId)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.DataStores.QuickExperimentDataStore.LogTestExposure()\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.DataStores.QuickExperimentDataStore.HandleDispatch(Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Routing.SnapDispatchEventArgs eventArgs)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Routing.SnapStore+<SnapStore>c__AnonStorey3E.<>m__F(Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Routing.SnapDispatchEventArgs args)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.Routing.SnapDispatch.Dispatch(ISnapDispatchable dispatchable)\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.SnapUISystem.HandleEnqueuedDispatchables()\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.SnapUISystem.FrameUpdate()\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.SnapUISystem.DispatchSystemThreadActions()\r\n   at Assets.Scripts.SnapUI.SnapUISystem.SystemDispatchThreadFunc(),  }
    the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table"
  • The-HoffThe-Hoff Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    edited October 2016
    I am now seeing this error on everyboot and I have googled the entire universe and not seen this error anywhere. Does anyone have a clue what it means?

The description for Event ID 0 from source OculusVR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

18/10 20:47:20.999 {!ERROR!} [GuardianSubsystem]
    Invalid type in SensorsStateFromString:

Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - Asus Z270 Maximus IX Formula & ROG - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card - Intel Core i7 7700k Kaby Lake - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Nvidia GTX 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray Player - Corsair RM850X - Windows 10 Pro - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Elite Mechanical - BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

• ShpinxisShpinxis Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I would really like to try this fix, but I also don't seem to have the "Power Management" section of the Group Policy Editor. Does anyone know why this is?
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    "Windows can not find gpedit.msc"
  • FiegeFiege Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Only Win 10 Pro has the GPE.
    You can install the GPE in Win 10 home but you stll won't be able to enforce an individual energy saving plan since that requires also Win PRO.
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    Most of us have no use for PRO so this is a extremely niche fix.
  • daefdaef Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    The-Hoff said:
    I am now seeing this error on everyboot and I have googled the entire universe and not seen this error anywhere. Does anyone have a clue what it means?

18/10 20:47:20.999 {!ERROR!} [GuardianSubsystem]
    Invalid type in SensorsStateFromString:
    i have no idea what it means, but i have the same problem...
  • techinposttechinpost Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey good news, i found a webpage from which i get rid out of this type of error issue yesterday, now you can also check this once for getting rid of it completely: http://www.techinpost.com/how-fix-solve-windows-cannot-find-gpedit-msc-error-problem-issue/
  • The-HoffThe-Hoff Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    If any moderators are here, you want to get rid of this spammer above me.
    Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - Asus Z270 Maximus IX Formula & ROG - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card - Intel Core i7 7700k Kaby Lake - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Nvidia GTX 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray Player - Corsair RM850X - Windows 10 Pro - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Elite Mechanical - BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    While the post above does certainly seem like self promotion, it does also seem to be on topic. If the poster continues to post links to their site I will look into it further, but one link is OK.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • reptilebeatsreptilebeats Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    two days, reformatting, changing policies, tweaking the gpu and a usb2 adapter fixed it wtf
  • apakaplukapakapluk Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Smadav 2019 Free Download All different antivirus can't be introduced with another antivirus, this is on the grounds that the antivirus intended for primary security in your PC. It's not the situation for Smadav, Smadav is an antivirus that is outlined as extra (second layer) insurance, so it's perfect and could be introduced and run together with another antivirus in your PC. Smadav utilizing their own system (conduct, heuristic, and whitelisting) to recognize and clean infection that enhances security in your PC.

• Deepakkush114Deepakkush114 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Well Its Interesting Error Might Be Your Windows Installation File Have Some Issue Or Only Some Files Are Installed..Well You Can Try Installing Fresh Copy Of Windows You Can Get It From Here Windows 8 Pro