New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HDMI not detected and now stuck in setup loop

ag858ag858 Posts: 6
NerveGear
I've been the happy owner of a CV1 for a few months now.

I'm currently experiencing the "hdmi not detected" issue and now I'm stuck in the setup loop because I can't continue in the headset.
I first had this problem with the hdmi not being detected a few days and managed to get it working by lots of reboots and unplugging and plugging all the connections randomly, playing the numbers game. I even managed to exit the setup loop by killing the server process in the task manager but that method doesn't seem to be working this time.

(btw, I think the setup sequence should be more robust and allow the user to exit the loop at any stage if they want to.)

Answers

• ag858ag858 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    update: after uninstalling the Oculus installation and deleting the APPDATA local and roaming Oculus data folders as outlined in another forum post I was able to break out of the setup insanity loop.

But I still had the HDMI not being detected during the setup. After testing that the hdmi port was functional with another cable, I plugged back in the hdmi plug of the CV1, expecting it for it not to work but somehow it did this time. I know that sometimes when connecting a number of different hdmi devices to the same port, the port needs to be reset ie with using a ps3 and a pc on the same monitor/hdmi input. I don't know if this is what refreshed the hdmi port or if I just happened to roll a six this time. If this happens again I have no insight on what causes these spurious errors with which to approach finding another solution.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Strange, but glad to hear things are working.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Now it's back to the old HDMI not detected error. Gutted. I'll have another poke around.
    NerveGear
    Okay, plugging another hdmi cable in before plugging in the cv1 did not help this time. Really pissed off. Don't know what I'm going to do now.