New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

OCULUS Touch Controllers 199 euro! Release 21-11-16 Turned up in German Media Markt webshop

rotamirotami Posts: 119
Art3mis
edited September 2016 in General

Media Markt in Germany announced the price and release date for the Oculus Touch controllers! The price will be 199 euro's and the release date appear to be November 21 2016. Furthermore, the specs of the controllers are shown. They are 114.3 mm wide and 96.5 mm high and the depth is 104.1 mm. The controllers weight just 127.6 g. We don't see anything about a second sensor. The most striking is that no sensor is mentioned anywhere. Is the sensor still included? 

We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.

Comments

• GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,315
    Wintermute
    at the very least this looks like Media Markt have jumped the gun or perhaps more likely, perhaps supported by the lack of a mention of a camera, it is some form of hoax.  

Looking at the Media Markt website now, unless they have realised their mistake and removed the price, it looks like someone might have just got a little creative with photoshop and added the price box.

Might be better to just wait for an official announcement or launch.
  • hollo321hollo321 Posts: 64
    Brain Burst
    FAKE!
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    edited September 2016
    That pricetag is realistic, imo.  
    Media Markt is a retail partner of Oculus and they even have demostations with Touch. So it all seems very plausible to me.

• RiftsRifts Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    Seems like a legit leak. There's even an article about it on UploadVR:

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-retail-partner-potentially-leaks-touch-price-date/

199€ is actually cheaper than I thought
  • rotamirotami Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    It is not a fake guys. It is a real mistake by Media Markt. I saved the page on The Way Back machine if you want to see the specs.
    We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 769
    Neo
    That also may be the street date for release.  Pre order people should get a chance to order theirs early.
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    I thought irine said october
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    $300 ouch...seems a bit high, but probably not bad if you include retail markup.
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    Sounds steep to me, for two glorified wii controllers. About £170 direct conversion, and that's with out adding the we hate the British TAX :-)

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 769
    Neo
    TwoHedWlf said:
    $300 ouch...seems a bit high, but probably not bad if you include retail markup.
    199 Euro would be $224
  • RiftsRifts Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    benplace said:
    TwoHedWlf said:
    199 Euro would be $224
    I'd go as far as to say the price would be <200$, since the Oculus Rift costs 700€ vs 600$. Sure there's an additional tax in the US but it's still way cheaper than in Europe.
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    edited September 2016
    euro price tags always include tax which is around 20%. so <200$ seems more likely
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,089
    3Jane
    edited September 2016
    Well that is nearly $300 Aussie !  :s   I thought $200 would have been a fair enough price - that price is depressing - but maybe they bundle a game or 2 with it, that would make it reasonable.
  • steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    Nice find.
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 322
    Trinity
    Keep in mind that 19% sales tax are already included in that price. 
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,276
    3Jane
    Keeping CV1 + Touch bellow the price of HTC Vive + wands was always an objective.

I hope Oculus VR didn't achieve that objective by making Touch work 180° without requiring a second webcam...
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Every bit of official information from Oculus has stated 2 cameras for touch and touch will include the 2nd camera, even the box's we have seen from developers showing them off show the camera in the box with Touch.
    If they were going to sell Touch without the camera that info would have been released by now to the public.    
    benplace said:
    TwoHedWlf said:
    199 Euro would be $224
    Converted to the wrong dollars, yes.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    it had better not be $300 for the controllers.
  • fuchsi891fuchsi891 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    awesome i hope the pre order guys will get theirs sooner...i hope for the 21 november. greez
  • UberwolfeUberwolfe Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    edited September 2016
    If that price is true, count me out.

Absolutely not paying AUD$300 for the controllers.

Uberwolfe said:

Would you pay $293 AUD?
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    I got my DK2 at $340.  If they think those controllers alone are only $40 less in value than an entire HMD plus camera than they are insane
    Hiro Protagonist
    they are awesome !!!
    Hiro Protagonist
    i thought 299 but 199 is awesome with the cam without it its,...not good ...100 more for the 2nd sensor maybe ?
  • ConanConan Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    If that price is true then im out
    3Jane
    edited September 2016
    While $300 AUD is a bit steeper than I thought, it is still cheaper than the Vive package who promoted there unit as a Premium VR experience. 
    Add in Oculus huge shipping costs we could be looking at $400.00 AUD
    3Jane
    Maybe Oculus will do a trade in price on my Xbox controller for a new Touch  ;)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,527 Volunteer Moderator
    Uberwolfe said:

Way cheaper than my joystick (that I mainly use for Elite Dangerous in VR), similar to my force feedback wheel (that I only use in VR), a little bit more than my rudder pedals, same as my headphones, same as my Space Pilot Pro controller. When the HMD cost around $780au, $293 for controllers and a second camera doesn't seem that unreasonable.

If you add up the price of buying 2 Vive wands plus a single lighthouse box (so equivalent to what Touch comes with) it costs $514au. Well, it would, HTC refuses to sell accessories to australia, I had to go to the american page and convert the prices.

Arock387 said:
    I got my DK2 at $340.  If they think those controllers alone are only $40 less in value than an entire HMD plus camera than they are insane
    Are you talking about US or AU dollars? The DK2 was $350us which was around $457au. But you are comparing it to the $293au price of the Touch, so they are $164au cheaper than the DK2, not $40au.

• shadowfroggershadowfrogger Posts: 502
    Trinity
    kojack said:
     same as my Space Pilot Pro controller.

I have the Space Pilot Explorer, Fantastic little devices!
    Visit my amateur homegrown indie game company website!
    http://www.gaming-disorder.com/