Installer crashes halfway through download — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Installer crashes halfway through download

RunzWivScissorzRunzWivScissorz Posts: 8
NerveGear
edited September 2016 in Support
Hi Could someone give me advise on why the installer program will not download. it seems to crash somewhere around 450 mb (it does vary some times sooner sometimes later.)

Update:
Additional Info on this. I dont think this is an issue with the amount of information being downloaded. I tried opening the software and leaving it on the greeting screen, then on the Terms and Condition Screen, and so on. The installer crashes at 2 minutes, regardless of what screen its in.

Has anyone Else Found this and/or Any suggestions on what is causing this ?

Comments

• RunzWivScissorzRunzWivScissorz Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Additional Info on this. I dont think this is an issue with the amount of information being downloaded. I tried opening the software and leaving it on the greeting screen, then on the Terms and Condition Screen, and so on. The installer crashes at 2 minutes, regardless of what screen its in.

Has anyone Else Found this and/or Any suggestions on what is causing this ?
    NerveGear
    problem resolved, issue was with Play.tv app causing it to crash, incase anyone else gets the same issue. :) NOW ITS TIME TO ENJOY VR !!!!!
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    Glad to see you got it sorted, hate seeing people with problems that can't solve them for a long time. Welcome to the world of the Virtual, enjoy.
    NerveGear
    Cheers @OpticKing. Ive taken the red pill. Lets see how deep this rabbit hole goes! 8P
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    It was... inevitable... :wink:

• kalabalikkalabalik Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    problem resolved, issue was with Play.tv app causing it to crash, incase anyone else gets the same issue. :) NOW ITS TIME TO ENJOY VR !!!!!

fantastic to see someone on a forum actually saying what was the problem after finding out. I don't know how many times ive been searching for a solution of a problem to see someone coming back saying "nevermind I fixed it" without actually saying what they did to resolve it. Thank you!
    NerveGear
    Cheers @kalabalik. I thought it made sense to share incase anyone else gets the exact same issue. When it kept crapping out at the same point everytime i kept restarting over and over but by pure chance i got side tracked and left it on the welcome screen and it still crapped out so i timed it with a stop watch and it didnt matter what screen it was on it just crapped out after 2 minutes everytime. So i looked in the windows system log instead of the oculus log and found that play.tv app was the culprit - stopped that running and hey-presto installed first time. Hope it helped