Why don't I have the option to link my FB account? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why don't I have the option to link my FB account?

HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
Art3mis
Is this feature an incremental rollout, as there is no 'linked accounts' option available under my Oculus Home (desktop) account settings.
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
(~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
― Yogi Bhajan

Best Answer

Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    It should be available to everyone. Maybe you are on an old version of the app. Can you check in the Settings -> General and look on the bottom and see what version you have? Only the first 2 numbers are important, and should be 1.8.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • tommettommet Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    I do not have a linked accounts option, but I do have several privacy options that popped up this evening.  And they were all set to overly permissive by default.  Not really pleased about that.  :(
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    edited September 2016
    It should be available to everyone. Maybe you are on an old version of the app. Can you check in the Settings -> General and look on the bottom and see what version you have? Only the first 2 numbers are important, and should be 1.8.
    Hi Cyber, didn't expect an answer until later this evening so I haven't been on, thanks for the quick response! :)

Yeah, I'm on 1.8.0.277202. I thought perhaps a repair of the software with a fresh dl would help, but no-go. 
    All I see under 'Account' is Email, Password, Oculus Pin, Redeem Code, and Purchase History. 
    I have my Privacy Settings set to hide my real name, is it necessary for me to change that to connect FB?

Edit: Ok, I tried revealing my real name to you, but that didn't change anything. 
    Should Home still read 'Beta' down in the lower left corner?
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    ― Yogi Bhajan
    I can double check tomorrow. I thought everyone would have the Facebook option, but maybe not.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KNP54KNP54 Posts: 261
    Nexus 6
    I'm getting this error in my web browser when trying to link my fb account:

URL bloquée: Cette redirection a échoué car l’URI de redirection n’est pas autorisé dans les paramètres clients OAuth de l’application. Assurez-vous que les identifiants client et web OAuth sont activés et ajoutez tous les domaines de votre application en tant qu’URI de redirection OAuth valides.

Specs: Delidded i7-8086k @ 5.0 GHz all cores, NZXT X52 cooler, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz, ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, Corsair SF600 platinum, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB + 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Louqe Ghost S1, Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Oculus Rift CV1.
  • harryinthesoupharryinthesoup Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2016
    I also only have the 1.8.0.277202(1.8.80.278624)  version . How to get the latest ? Mine also says BETA lower left side. but I do have the facebook option under linked accounts in settings
    Art3mis
    Figure anything out Cyber?
    ― Yogi Bhajan
    Art3mis
    I also only have the 1.8.0.277202(1.8.80.278624)  version . How to get the latest ? Mine also says BETA lower left side. but I do have the facebook option under linked accounts in settings
    1.8 is what you are supposed to be on, Cyber mentioned that in his first post on the thread. :)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • KevinakiKevinaki Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    From what I understand linking your FB account changes your Oculus name to the full name you have on FB right? 

Any chance of that happening for the username?
    I believe your username will remain the same. The only change should be the real name.
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    I don't have anything under privacy about facebook linking. I only have the public, friends option that showed up yesterday to see what app I'm running.  Far as I know I'm on 1.8 BETA
  • KevinakiKevinaki Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    @cybereality I wish the username would change too. Maybe one day... 
    Art3mis
    Ok, so something updated and I have the 'Linked Accounts' option there today, however when I click on it I get a "Sorry, we weren’t able to link your account" message lol.  
    ― Yogi Bhajan
    Art3mis
    I don't have anything under privacy about facebook linking. I only have the public, friends option that showed up yesterday to see what app I'm running.  Far as I know I'm on 1.8 BETA
    The option should be under 'Account' and not 'Privacy'.
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    I found it and tried it multiple times to connect and it opens up web page and gives an error that it couldn't connect.. oh well, some other time.
  • Sergio.Calabria66Sergio.Calabria66 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi there, As I couldn't add payment method on oculus store app (error message) I went on browser, and bought a game, entering with facebook credentials. Now oculus store app is giving error message about linking oculus account to facebook account! any known solutions to "Sorry, we weren’t able to link your account"?