cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnects

Flausn
Expert Protege
i get disconnects every few minutes now...your rift is not connected your we couldnt find your sensor ...its annoiing...what is so difficult to fix this bug ? in devices it shows usb 2.0 then 3.0 then 2.0 and this dissconect connect sound are really annoiing. greez
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Flausn said:
i get disconnects every few minutes now...your rift is not connected your we couldnt find your sensor ...its annoiing...what is so difficult to fix this bug ? in devices it shows usb 2.0 then 3.0 then 2.0 and this dissconect connect sound are really annoiing. greez
If you know the answer to the fix - please let us know as well 🙂 There are a lot going from Windows chaning how USB work to some background changes that went on with the USB drives to some new changes to the Oculus driver as well. Hell even the motherboard has some say in the way USB work adding another layer of problems. To pin down what is causing the problem - that's harder to find then a rock on a ground.

For proof - I don't have this problem yet I have asus board as well - so you shouldn't be having this problem either if we're both on the same updates and software. If that's true, then that only leaves your software/hardware environment that will be the only difference. If so, then the problem would be kind of on your side of things. See where this is going?

It could very well be a hardware issue with the cameras. I haven't roll that out as a possible, but it does seem weird that it's a small number of users instead of everyone having this issue.

johnnysac5
Explorer
Uninstalling anything that said Asmedia in the device manager fixed it for me.

Flausn
Expert Protege
i got no asus board. i got no asmedia. greez 🙂

dirtyrider
Explorer
I was having same issue
What fixed it for me (so far) was plugging the sensor into usb 3 hub card(fresco) and the hmd usb into a usb3 (oculus reccons its incompatible) on my mb(gigabyte) and touch wood i played today for 2 hours with no problems 🙂

Flausn
Expert Protege
ok i will try it. before 1.8 runtime ig ot no problems...no quality check @ oculus...this is really sad...i got a fresco card too. the tracking was best for me with 1.3. with 1.5 to 1.7 i get stutters...now its even worse black screen !!!! fix you s.... oculus !!!!!!

stevieh
Honored Guest
Same here black screen and Oculus software restarts, no good when in iracing please fix guys!

VRoaaar
Protege
If you get sensor disconnects, try this:
  1. start regedit
  2. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB
  3. open every sub key which begins with VID_2833 (= Oculus hardware)
  4. open the sub key (name differs)
  5. if there is an entry called "Device parameters", click on it
  6. look
    at the right side of regedit: if there is an entry called
    "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled": double click it and enter a 0 (zero).
  7. if there is an entry called "SelectiveSuspendEnabled": double click it and enter a 0 (zero).
  8. repeat these steps for all VID_2833 keys.
  9. Reboot the PC (do not forget!)
If you still get disconnects:
  1. open device manager
  2. Open "Oculus VR Devices"
  3. Double click Rift Sensor.
  4. Click on the tab "Power management".
  5. Uncheck the option to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and click OK.
  6. Repeat this for "Universal Serial Bus-controllers" - "Generic SuperSpeed USB-hub"
Keep us posted please if this helps.

FYI: Asus P8Z68 PRO V motherboard, Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 GHz (no heat problems), 16 GB
RAM, recommended Inatek card which the HMD and sensor are plugged
into. Default Microsoft drivers for the Inatek card (I got disconnects
using the Fresco drivers).

VRoaaar
Protege
Add to second solution: 7. Reboot.

Flausn
Expert Protege
now with anniversary update everything works nice again. greez