New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

OBS studio no longer works with nvidia codec and oculus rift

PsitPsit Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello, since the latest oculus firmware updates OBS can not start streaming / recording if you select the NVENC encoder.
There are many posts in OBS forums.

I was wondering if the Oculus devs are aware of this?

Comments

• ChillisteakChillisteak Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Yeah what's going on here with this?
    Got the same problem myself, OBS records and streams fine but soon as the Oculus App is even opened it's game over for OBS working if the NVENC encoder is used.

Which is a real shame as it's the only one that provides almost no performance hit.
    Given I'm new to the Rift I can only go on what I've read in other forums but this never used to be an issue, so what gives guys as it's clearly something caused by your update as OBS hasn't been changed.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, we are aware of this issue and are investigating.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    Music to my ears that, or should that be art to my eyes? either way glad it's being looked into.
    I've got some VR videos to create :)
    Brain Burst
    Wow just tried recording using a different encoder, it was absolutely horrid frame rates dropping to 40 at times. Never really been a member of the frame rate police before, but damn it's needed for VR!
    It felt like someone was slamming on the brakes when the frame rates dropped, completed a race without feeling sick. But the sooner this is fixed the better because I can't be doing that again!
  • dlamboydlamboy Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    How is investigating going? It is still an issue in 2020. I cannot use OBS when Oculus app is open ... prevents from Streaming VR. It is no workaround to get a 2nd PC to stream it ...