New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

LED blinking orange, unable to use Rift DK2 after failed firmware update. Desperately need help

borowcyborowcy Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited September 2016 in Support

Hello, I have a problem, I really hope I didn't break my Oculus Rift DK2. I tried to update the firmware and the Runtime (SDK 0.6.0.1) crashed during the update process and the headset started to blink with orange light.

I uninstalled it, decided to install the lastest Rift Home. It told me to update the firmware again. I did it, but after clicking the update button it told me it can't detect any headset and I need to plug one in. After restarting my PC, it detects my DK2 again and update fails every time after the Rebooting Rift phase.

If I can get it to work again I'm just gonna stop messing with old drivers and use the newest Home.

When I try to check the current version of my Rift, it says "Bootloader / Bootloader (update required to 0/).

I really beg you to help me, I'm extremely desperate right now. It was supposed to be a gift and I broke it :(

Best Answer

Answers

• fjlmalfjlmal Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Now it is happening to me =/