cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED blinking orange, unable to use Rift DK2 after failed firmware update. Desperately need help

borowcy
Honored Guest

Hello, I have a problem, I really hope I didn't break my Oculus Rift DK2. I tried to update the firmware and the Runtime (SDK 0.6.0.1) crashed during the update process and the headset started to blink with orange light.

I uninstalled it, decided to install the lastest Rift Home. It told me to update the firmware again. I did it, but after clicking the update button it told me it can't detect any headset and I need to plug one in. After restarting my PC, it detects my DK2 again and update fails every time after the Rebooting Rift phase.

If I can get it to work again I'm just gonna stop messing with old drivers and use the newest Home.

When I try to check the current version of my Rift, it says "Bootloader / Bootloader (update required to 0/).

I really beg you to help me, I'm extremely desperate right now. It was supposed to be a gift and I broke it 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

borowcy
Honored Guest
Fixed this by using 0.6.0.1 SDK and updating the firmware to 2.12 (it was located in SDK's installation directory)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

borowcy
Honored Guest
Fixed this by using 0.6.0.1 SDK and updating the firmware to 2.12 (it was located in SDK's installation directory)

fjlmal
Protege
Now it is happening to me =/