New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Home freezes PC for a second on startup and shutdown

uKERuKER Posts: 164
Art3mis

I've never seen this reported anywhere else, but every time I start Oculus Home, the PC freezes for a split second, even the mouse cursor stopping dead for a moment.

The freeze happens at the very moment when the black splash screen with the "O" logo and the BETA sign fades into view.

The same thing often happens when I close the app. This one doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it will most probably happen if you play a game or start an app from the Library.

I know some may say that this is a non-issue but  it's a pretty annoying thing to have happening so often, and I have ZERO other programs that do it.

Now, am I the only one with this?

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,117
    Wintermute
    Confirmed, you're not alone. But I noticed this after reading your post, by moving my mouse during start/stop of Oculus Home, that mean it didn't bother me that much before ;)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.5GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• uKERuKER Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    Well, it's not just the mouse. As far as I can tell, only audio playback continues. Any applications running at that moment are deprived from the ability to execute for a split second. You can test it by playing any video and you will see it freeze.