cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No image on rift after not having played for some weeks? [Fixed]

keesi
Expert Protege
Hi everyone,

I just started using my rift again after not using it for some weeks, only to find out the screen doesn't turn on? In the time I didn't use it I plugged my monitor in the HDMI port of my GPU because I can overclock it when it's connected to HDMI.
For overclocking my monitor I used CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) and I think this might have to do something with it.
I tried reinstalling the Oculus software allready but that didn't work, and I'm not really in for a full reinstall of windows... 
Maybe someone else has had this problem before and can help me out! It worked fine before so maybe an update or so?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GoinSane
Protege
You probably need an update to the software. I sometimes get a gray screen instead of Oculus Home loading when I put on the Rift, but I'm usually starting ED from its own launcher and it will eventually start after a long wait.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GoinSane
Protege
You probably need an update to the software. I sometimes get a gray screen instead of Oculus Home loading when I put on the Rift, but I'm usually starting ED from its own launcher and it will eventually start after a long wait.

keesi
Expert Protege

GoinSane said:

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it