cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 not compatible + No visual in the Rift

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having some problems. I keep getting the USB incompatible error message with the sensor when it is in a 3.0 port, even though the Rift is not having that problem. I saw the post about Oculus blacklisting certain controllers, but mine was not on that list. My motherboard is currently running Asmedia controllers for USB. I ran the compatibility test and it came back that My USB Drivers were not compatible.

My second problem (I don't know if these two are related) is that the Rift is not displaying anything what-so-ever. I can hear everything when I put the Rift on, but other than that, there is no response from the headset. The status light in the headset is amber and it turns off when I put my finger over the sensor, as it should. I even started up Oculus Dreamdeck and the view opened up on my computer monitor. I put the headset on, and the sound came through the Rift. The display on the monitor was even moving as I moved with the headset on, so the sensor is definitely tracking the Rift correctly despite it being in a 2.0 port. I contacted Oculus about this problem and they were no help because my computer "does not meet the recommended specifications." I'd like to note that before I attempted to set the Rift up on my own computer, I used my brother's computer to test it out. It worked perfectly fine with no problem at all. He has the exact same specs as me, besides the aftermarket of his graphics card. 

I'm currently running:
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
Sapphire AMD R9 290x Tri-X Version
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
1 stick of 8GB RAM
Windows 10

EDIT: I did just now notice the Rift is not coming up in the Device Manager. All of my drivers seem to be up to date.

3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you have the latest graphics card drivers?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

canupoa
Honored Guest
In VR use the remote to go to the home screen (the one without the shop) and click on reset view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I fixed this issue by buying a new graphics card. For some reason my r9 290x refused to communicate with my rift, so I bought an evga 970 ssc for 150$ off of craigslist. It works perfectly now 🙂