Sky VR — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sky VR

Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 485
Trinity
anyone know where I can down load the sky VR app I thought it my have been in the store ...but it isn't. Has anyone got it yet ?

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,566 Volunteer Moderator
    As in Sky TV ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,690 Valuable Player
    Not sure if they are creating an app. I think they are just producing videos and already have. I'm sure there was a formula 1 video out some months ago?
    Bet they charge for it at the start. They usually do. I remember when sky go first came out and it cost a fiver. Was paying it for over a year after it became free and only just got my dosh back. Money grabbing so and so's !!!!
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

edited October 2016
    Here is what it says on sky's home page =

The app is available now from Google Play Store, Apple App Store or via "Oculus Home". Compatible headsets include Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift or any other VR headset attached to an iOS 8.1/Android 4.4 smartphone.

Maybe it'll be uploaded later ? Can you confirm @cybereality

• Hodders67Hodders67 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    still not on the store page. Any comment from Oculus on this? its all over sky.com
    Now on Oculus Home!
    But not working, won't stream or download ???

• comedykevcomedykev Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Just tried it, similar stuff if not better on youtube.
    Yep, tried it - just a load of little clips, adverts for films.

Unfortunately it suffers from lack of thought - click on download and you must stay watching it download, if you go elsewhere in the app the download stops - p1ss poor.

Also, the delete button doesn't work - you click on the bin at the top, a cancel and delete option comes up, only the cancel option works.

Just a little feedback, Sky.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 485
    Trinity
    so...in other words its shite then ?
    Well I got it working and the very short answer is.........................yes

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,658 Valuable Player
    I couldnt get anything to play. Uninstalling.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Well...
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,737 Valuable Player

It's nothing exciting at all.  Seems like nothing more than an interface to see a very low and boring selection of 360 videos.
    I'm hoping when tech catches up with sky we might see some exciting stuff. I've been with sky for 20 plus years and I'm sure when they get there then something good will come of it :)

Techy111 said:
    I'm hoping when tech catches up with sky we might see some exciting stuff. I've been with sky for 20 plus years and I'm sure when they get there then something good will come of it :)
    Sky TV is amazing and they have the money to do something much better than this.

The tech is there - the Obama video proves that. 
  • Hodders67Hodders67 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    downloaded it last night it keeps telling me I have no internet connection. anyone else getting this?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,658 Valuable Player
    andyring said:
    Sky TV is amazing and they have the money to do something much better than this.

Then they outsourced to the wrong team to build their Oculus Home app. Hell, I could have done a better job than that...
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Zenbane said:
    andyring said:

Then they outsourced to the wrong team to build their Oculus Home app. Hell, I could have done a better job than that...
    ...with a camera made from potato!

Agreed.

Just tried this out again.  Come on Oculus!  You now have to log in with your Sky ID - i have one, tried to log in but it just hangs with a spinning circle.

Poor, very poor.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 485
    Trinity
    So...it`s still shite then ?????