Amazon UK possible leak for Touch UK Price + Retail release date! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Amazon UK possible leak for Touch UK Price + Retail release date!

FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
£189.99, and it’s apparently shipping on November 23rd.
NOTE: This is the retail release, people who pre-ordered could still get it before hand like the rift.(was meant to anyway.) 

http://uploadvr.com/amazon-leaks-possible-oculus-touch-date-price/ 
Tagged:

Comments

• nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 516
    Trinity
    edited October 2016
    Thats good too know. I have amazon prime which means worse case scenero, I get it a month b4 christmas. Now the question is, do i want to go through Oculus and potentially get screwed again? hahaha
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    Can't find it on amazon its vanished.
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,309
    Wintermute
    They've possibly had their wrists slapped for jumping the gun and have taken it down to avoid litigation.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Ordered it but not sure if I 'll go through with it.

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Hmmmm
    No mention of a second lighthouse.
    Box Contains
    Oculus Touch Controller;2 x AA Batteries
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    edited October 2016
    elboffor said:
    Hmmmm
    Box Contains
    They have it listed on the american touch page, you just can't pre order it from there yet.
    https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch/dp/B01BHMS88A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475755934&sr=8-1&keywords=oculus+touch

I mean they have it listed under android platform on the uk page, someone changed the page very prematurely.
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    elboffor said:
    Hmmmm
    Box Contains
    It does on the American site.

Touch ships with an additional Sensor to ensure accurate, robust tracking.
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
  • Roberta1971Roberta1971 Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    edited October 2016
    I have pre-ordered. I am sure the product page will be updated to include the correct details. Price was not  a shock as Game already leaked it.
    Trinity
    I ordered it as well..i got a feeling its going to be cheaper
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    I'm going to wait a bit to see what's up before I buy. I've waited this long, no need to jump the gun.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    well least if you order it with amazon you've got time to cancel it without being charged :)
    Trinity
    edited October 2016
    yeah thats what i was thinking, at least this way, its coming, going through oculus is a bit risky in my case in terms of track record and faied delivery attempt.
    Its all about the preorder from Oculus and lead time to get the damn thing..im actually excited. I have hardly touched the rift because i am waiting for my kinda game and i can feel it coming!!
    yeah fair enough, I'm hoping if you are a pre-order and get it through Oculus you will receive it quicker than Amazon but we will find out soon  :#
    edited October 2016
    And the release date on amazon.com
    Product Details
    Release date: December 31, 2016
    Yet amazon.co.uk is
    Product Details
    Release date: 23 Nov 2016
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    You also have to factor in the high price of delivery from Oculus. Whether it's considered worth it or whatever is by-the-by, it's a cost you don't get from Amazon and I don't think Oculus will be doing the Rift pre-order crowd any more favours.
    For me, the date is okay, too, as it gives me time to get the funds together selling some older stuff.

• BluemanBlueman Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Do the Touch controllers actually need another lighthouse? I guess 2 improves the area coverage but I think it will not be essential. Maybe there wont be an extra included with Touch.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,151 Volunteer Moderator
    30% discount and free delivery to all pre order's mate, confirmed (in my virtual world ;) )
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Trinity
    Techy111 said:
    30% discount and free delivery to all pre order's mate, confirmed (in my virtual world ;) )
    I almost canceled my amazon order :o
    Blueman said:
    Do the Touch controllers actually need another lighthouse? I guess 2 improves the area coverage but I think it will not be essential. Maybe there wont be an extra included with Touch.
    I've heard a dev say you can use it with 1 camera but you get much better tracking with 2.

In a 'front facing' setup it helps keep tracking going if one hand blocks another etc
    In the 'opposite top corners' setup like the Vive you can now do roomscale.

So it all depends on your needs :)
    edited October 2016
    I'm on the phone to Palmer at the moment. He has some special needs ? Not sure what that means ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Usb 4.0 ? Pre order in ;)

Don't lie techy, you only get to pre-order the USB 4 after your pre order for the touch has been shipped. Or you can get them off amazon.pl for 5million zloty.
    At any rate, Palmer just popped round for a cup of tea and a scone and told me the real joke is that all the additional sensors do is look pretty. Aparently they only exist to make money and we all have gear vrs with a built in galaxy ace 3.
    Got to love the business model
    No lies mate, paid my zloty and Palmer is coming over for toast and marmite ;) he's a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it :)

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,790 Valuable Player
    edited October 2016
    OpticKing said:
    elboffor said:
    Hmmmm
    Box Contains
    They have it listed on the american touch page, you just can't pre order it from there yet.
    https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch/dp/B01BHMS88A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475755934&sr=8-1&keywords=oculus+touch

I mean they have it listed under android platform on the uk page, someone changed the page very prematurely.

Imagine that - positional tracking on Gear VR with the Samsung Galaxy S8   :)
    So looks like the price was right but wonder whete they got that date from? :/
  • Roberta1971Roberta1971 Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    Still showing in my orders but listing has disappeared.