cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Beta is now live for Rift and Gear VR!

HVS_Claire
Heroic Explorer

Dragon Front is now in Open Beta and available for download from the Oculus Home app for all Rift and Gear VR devices!

After such a fantastic Closed Beta session, we’re proud to open up this beta to more players and devices. We received amazing feedback from our Closed Beta testers, and hope that any new Open Beta testers will follow suit! Please continue to report bugs on this beta forum. It’s the best way to get HVS support and Oculus support’s attention in one shot.

You can also join the Dragon Front Discord Server to chat with other players and give the devs your design feedback.

Notes for all Beta Testers:

·   Purchases and Progress will not be scrubbed after the beta period is over. Go nuts!

·   Scheduled or known server outages will be reported on Twitter, on Discord, and on the server announcement post on the forum. If you get a server error and it’s not announced on one of these channels, please alert us.

A couple of things to note about the Gear VR version of Dragon Front: 

·   Board Health is toggled to “gaze only” to extend your playtime. Adjusting this setting may affect your device’s thermal performance.

·   S6 users: please note that we locked the game to 30 fps during the Open Beta for thermal performance reasons ensuring longer game sessions. We plan to continue to improve and optimize the game for S6 devices.

Updates:

This update included over 800 checkins to our SVN. Here are just a few of the faction specific changes that were made thanks to community feedback

Strife

·   War Cultist – Rarity changed to common.

·   Doom Tank – Rarity changed to epic, and its Mana cost was raised to 7.

·   Skullsmash Steamroller – Power has been lowered to 4.

·   Secret Door – Functionality changed so all units can use its ability.

Thorns

·   Forest Wisps – Stats changed to 2/1/1. Functionality changed to, "Unit gains +1/+1 whenever an enemy unit enters Ally Territory."

·   Druid Spellthrower – Power has been raised to 3.

·   Satyr of the Grove – Power has been raised to 4.

·   Cultivation – Mana cost reduced to 1.

·   Terra Whale – Mana cost has been raised to 5.

·   Canopy Goliath – Now has the Druid keyword.

Eclipse

·   Sigil of Tempest – Functionality has been changed to, "Grant Tempest unit +1/+1 and Deal 1 damage to your Stronghold."

·   Soul Foundry – Was changed to a basic card to replace Bombard Pit in the starter deck.

·   Bombard Pit – Changed its rarity to Common and was replaced in the basic deck with Soul Foundry.

Discuss!
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
yay more people to play with 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
@HVS_Claire, do we have to do anything special if we were previously a part of the closed beta? I just tried to log back on and even though oculus home isn't showing a new version or giving me any options to update, when I click on it and it tries to launch the game at we the main intro it says it wasn't able to connect to my account as this is an older version. How do we update to get back in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never mind, just appeared in my home

machenmusik
Explorer
rift login failing, error 999... is this expected?  gearvr worked ok

Applecorp
Rising Star

I'm repeatedly getting the same error, can't play the game at all.

k3n0x2
Honored Guest

Applecorp said:

I'm repeatedly getting the same error, can't play the game at all.

Server is down...

Achilless
Expert Protege
Last night it was fine, then my internet went down while I was playing a game and now I can't login anymore. Same error: 999. Can you help me and fix this?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
is this a free to play title or do we have to pay for it? (sorry cant access the store here)

thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's free to play but it does have 'in-app purchases' but you never really feel forced to buy anything which is nice 🙂