New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

ASW Disabled, reason: 'OVR Error: Code: -3000

HewsterHewster Posts: 3
NerveGear
Tried enabling ASW, and get this error in the service(date).txt log

07/10 19:49:07.378 {DEBUG}   [ASW:NV_FrameEstimator] Encoder caps ASYNC=1 MEONLY=0

I'm running Win 10 64bit (not anniversary)
780TI
16GB RAM
75GB free on System drive
30GB free on my Oculus install drive.

Anyone else having problems enabling ASW ?
Tagged:

Comments

• BagnetBagnet Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    Yep. same error. i am on a DK2 though so no idea if it even should work lol
  • FrogacudaFrogacuda Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same error here.
    GeForce 770 GTX 4GB.
    16 GB RAM
    25GB free on system/Oculus drive.

I think this may be connected to GeForce 7xx series cards. Even though they're DX12 compatible and equivalently powerful to a 960, so there's no technical reason why it shouldn't work.

Can anyone with a GeForce 7 series confirm they have ASW working?
    Art3mis
    i was beginning to lean towards solid state system drives.. do we have that in common too?
  • HewsterHewster Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yup both my drives are SSD
  • mbze430mbze430 Posts: 567
    Trinity
    edited October 2016
    well just to rub it in, I only have SSD drives in my rig, and ASW works fine no error from the logs.  although my system SSD drive is a Samsung Pro 950 512GB (400GB free) NVMe.  And my other SSDs are in RAID0 (1.5TB w/ 960GB Free)

Maybe you guys just not have enough space... like it say in the log.  
    i7-6900k @ 4.4ghz | Kingston Hyper 64GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz | SLI Nvidia Titan Xp | ASUS Strix Gaming X99 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVMe | 3x Samsung Pro 850 512GB RAID0 | 2x Samsung Pro 850 1TB RAID1 | Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Cooling | Thermaltake Core X5
    Art3mis
    75 Gig on my SSD and just under a terrabyte on my 2nd sata.. if thats not enough then some mischief is afoot! 
    Art3mis
    As previously mentioned can anyone confirm that a 7xx series card works with this?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,901 Valuable Player
    Bagnet said:
    75 Gig on my SSD and just under a terrabyte on my 2nd sata.. if thats not enough then some mischief is afoot! 

That would be ridiculous wouldn't it.  Imagine the specs actually saying

Required:
    1 TB of free HD space for Virtual Memory. 

lol
    Art3mis
    ok found some confirmation on reddit that this is a 7xx series problem. A user there had it working for 20 minutes then it stopped. hasn't been able to run it since. No one else with a 7 card has been able to get it going at all. Since this is a generation behind the supported cards i am not holding my breath for a fix! even though in most respects a 780GTX is on par or better than a 970!
  • GODZIL21GODZIL21 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same error... Not enough storage is available to process this command.  With a GTX 660 and DK2 . I have 1 terabyte  free in the system.
    Art3mis
    OK as far as i can see this is a driver issue. NVidia need to change something to support the 7xx series cards. I did some checking on the oculus compatibility page and it says the minimum card for Oculus is a 780Ti, so maybe there is some hope of this in the future?
  • DeanOfTheDriversDeanOfTheDrivers Posts: 144 Oculus Staff
    As it stands there's no support for Kepler and ASW. To date the decision has no been made to backport this feature to Kepler cards. This means the following Maxwell hardware and later is presently supported:

750 Ti
    960M
    970M
    980M

All Pascal hardware supports this feature so anything in the 900 or 1000 series is covered.
    Art3mis
    Thanks for the Clarification. 
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,212
    3Jane
    Bagnet said:
    i was beginning to lean towards solid state system drives.. do we have that in common too?
    no way that's your issue. Just saying.
    Art3mis
    Bagnet said:
    no way that's your issue. Just saying.
    It was just the storage thing,.,. we know what it is now though. I am now just hoping that they put support in for the 7xx series but am not holding my breath!
  • KilleroutlawKilleroutlaw Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Me neither but that's a serious bummer if that's the case. The 780ti is really not that old of a card and was part of Oculus's recommended specs.

I'm pretty sure I won't be buying a ti or Titan variant in the future, it never seems worth it in comparison to being able to switch to a new architecture more easily.

Very disappointing.
    Art3mis
    The Ti is supposed to work. miine is a standard 780GTX - Whether it does or not i don't know but the dev above said supported.. i am assuming the 750Ti is a mistype...
  • KilleroutlawKilleroutlaw Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I know some of the later 7 series ran on the newer architecture, so he may be right.

But my understanding is there is no technical reason the 780ti can't support it, so I will be very upset if it is not included.
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    ASW isn't  working on the 980ti hardware either. Think I'll wait for an official patch.
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • DeanOfTheDriversDeanOfTheDrivers Posts: 144 Oculus Staff
    richhard1 said:
    ASW isn't  working on the 980ti hardware either. Think I'll wait for an official patch.

It should. Please post your logs so we can diagnose.
  • Jay535Jay535 Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    richhard1 said:

It should. Please post your logs so we can diagnose.
    I have a 980ti and it's not working now for me either.
  • neuro27neuro27 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Same issue here! Nvidia 760ti with ssd. Really hope this is fixed soon or else I'll have to cancel my touch preorder
  • JergJerg Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Please add unofficial support for 700 series cards at least!!!
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,212
    3Jane
    neuro27 said:
    Same issue here! Nvidia 760ti with ssd. Really hope this is fixed soon or else I'll have to cancel my touch preorder
    You're going to cancel because your hardware is out of date and doesn't even meet min requirements? Dat logic