cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, are we paying up front for Touch Preorders?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just wondering if the Touch preorders will be like Rift preorders in that we payed for everything when it shipped rather than up front. 
10 REPLIES 10

mbze430
Rising Star
Does it matter? Just take my money!
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Lemming1970
Rising Star

Nobbs66 said:

I'm just wondering if the Touch preorders will be like Rift preorders in that we payed for everything when it shipped rather than up front. 

I'd be very surprised if they took the money out long before shipping. They may do a small payment check £1/$1 to check authenticity of card details.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I would expect it will be the same as the rift preorders.  But that's not based on any hard evidence.:)

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be cool if for those of us who reserved it during Rift pre-order, they just take the money and ship it to us early.  That would really make up for all of the waiting we had to do.  😃  Just sayin'

luna_s
Explorer
I hope we get a discount and free shipping for being early adopters, If not I may as well go to brick and mortar or amazon

cero490
Heroic Explorer

Nobbs66 said:

From what I can tell, yes. I pre-ordered Oculus Touch yesterday and haven't been charged still. From what I understand, you get billed to whatever payment method you used upon its shipment.

Side note: If anyone's wondering, no, I don't get earlier. Should arrive at my door December 6'th though, so I'm psyched and waiting for time to go by!

Orthus
Protege
I send An email asking them about it and we only pay when Touch is send.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool, good to know. 

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
they don't, I know this because I just used my CC which had less than 199 left on it.  I shall be making sure that is cleared before December