cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation blocked even though all antivirus softwares are disabled, what should I do?

Spenny-rift
Honored Guest
I disabled all of my antivirus programs on my alienware, including firewalls and all of that, however I am still getting the notice that something is blocking the installation. I also added the OculusSetup as a trsusted program, but nothing is working. Can someone help?
8 REPLIES 8

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have you tried running as administrator or maybe it's win defender?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Spenny-rift
Honored Guest
Yeah, I tried running as administrator and I disabled win defender but something still blocked the installation 😞 but thanks anyways  

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

I disabled all of my antivirus programs on my alienware,

Yeesh you're doing it all kinds of wrong aren't ya? lol

Techy111
MVP
MVP

I disabled all of my antivirus programs on my alienware,

Yeesh you're doing it all kinds of wrong aren't ya? lol

Had a drink ? LOL
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload the setup log from here?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check your C: drive space. You need at least 20 gigs free,
Check your PC for virus (run MB),
Check your Internet Connection (run a speed test),
Check that you have all updates for both Windows, drivers, and other software you are running,
Tell us more about your "alienware" such as make, model, version, desktop/laptop, etc,
Upload your log

Spenny-rift
Honored Guest
So I definitely have enough space free, and the softwares and drivers are up to date. I could not find a virus, and my model is Alienware M14XR2 laptop. Is there anyway to know which software or what in general clashes with the installation of oculus? It would be so much easier if it would tell what is preventing the installation in the first place.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wanna say that's not a support VR ready laptop. Older laptop models have a problem with Optimus resulting in buggy, some times glitch issues. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that can be done if that's the case as it's a hardware issues not a software issue.

Check that your laptop passes the test by running their self checker.
https://www.oculus.com/cart/

As well, if you feel that I am wrong, please gather the logs that Cyber has pointed out so we may take a look at what happen.