Am I missing something - Touch preorder — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Am I missing something - Touch preorder

Ibsn87Ibsn87 Posts: 19
NerveGear
Hello all,
I'm new here. Question for everyone... It's nearly the 11/10 where I am. All day I have been waiting to click on touch preorder "available 10/10" assuming it's based on when America enters the 10th. Everyone world wide is now either the 10th or the 11th...

The button still says "coming soon".

Has anyone been able to preorder their touch controllers or am I missing something here?

FYI, writing from Australia.
Tagged:

Comments

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited October 2016
    Hey, welcome! :)

The Touch pre-order opens at 12 PT, so you'll just need to convert that to your upside down time in Australia! :p

Edit: Its 14:30 here in england so that's 5:30 hours to go :) 
  • WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane
    yep 12pm PT, means here in the UK it will be 8PM
    "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 
  • Ibsn87Ibsn87 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited October 2016
    Edit; ignore this I'm not thinking straight!
  • AlburkelxAlburkelx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Need to set my alarm for 3am  :'(
    NerveGear
    Copy, got all that. I'm tired and getting all confused 12 midday PT. All the converting times got me messed up, need to go to bed :)
  • TC1999TC1999 Posts: 184
    Art3mis
    Just ordered mine in the uk from amazon uk. If you search for oculus touch controllers it doesn't show but I found it hidden here is the link. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LSZCU6M/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

it looks like they are taking orders as I have just placed mine and they took the money.... 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,155 Volunteer Moderator
    Hmmm says released on the 23rd November? Interesting.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Art3mis
    I recon they are receiving stock around that date. I placed the order to see what will happen. 
    NerveGear
    edited October 2016
    December 6 vs sometime after the 23rd. Bets are that you will get it quicker from Amazon! Lucky! Exciting times ahead!
    Art3mis
    I hate to still the pot but if oculus wants to have a good relationship with the retailers and eventually not supply direct then prime retailers with have plenty of stock 1st. I imagine oculus would prefer now it's gone consumer to sell hardware through retailers and games thought it's platform. 

This is a more efficient retail model where you have a greater degree of large supply units going to retail and retail supplying direct to the customer. 

This takes a lot of burden of the manufacture not having to deal with thousands of individual orders and supply issues. 

Lets see what will happen. 
  • WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane
    I also ordered from Amazon - Ill look in later and see if something comes 'with' the Touch.  If so I might buy and cancel Amazon.  If its just the same thing... it arrives when it arrives.
    "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    TC1999 said:
    Just ordered mine in the uk from amazon uk. If you search for oculus touch controllers it doesn't show but I found it hidden here is the link. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LSZCU6M/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

it looks like they are taking orders as I have just placed mine and they took the money.... 
    They took the money?

I doubt it.

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    amazon only take just before shipping
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    NerveGear
    Wakes up early to alarm 11:59am PT. *refresh, *refresh,*refresh x 50. Time 12:05Pm PT, can't hold eyes open, still can't order. Bugger it. Try once more. Boom! Blue button! Pre ordered! See you guys online with hands :) can't wait! #itsgoingtobegood!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The page is live, if you haven't noticed: https://www.oculus.com/cart/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,193
    3Jane
    Ibsn87 said:
    Wakes up early to alarm 11:59am PT. *refresh, *refresh,*refresh x 50. Time 12:05Pm PT, can't hold eyes open, still can't order. Bugger it. Try once more. Boom! Blue button! Pre ordered! See you guys online with hands :) can't wait! #itsgoingtobegood!
    This isn't gtx 1080 launch day. No need for alarm and hammering the page refresh button :pensive:
    Appears everyone will get theirs Dec 6th-Dec 15th or w/e it is.
    NerveGear
    Ok, ok. I exaggerated a little. I refreshed about 15 times in 5 minutes. Paitiently sitting in the dark waiting to go back to sleep. Very well aware that the load on their servers would have gone through the roof. I guess there is always someone who has to judge, and find something negative to say about someone pressing a refresh button every 30 seconds. I'm sure I was the only person in the world doing it.

Anywho, their server didn't crash. We got our preorders at midday on the 10th and everyone is happy.

As for the original thread I feel some confusion could have been saved if they had advertised next to the button that it was to be available 12 hours into the 10th at PT time not just 10/10.

Happy days :) can't wait!!
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    Can you explain why amazon is saying November 23rd?
    NerveGear
    edited October 2016
    TC1999 suggests why Amazon may have the jump on delivery. (11th post in) To me it makes sense. Albieit a little "unfair" I guess on those who have all been patiently waiting!

More concerning is the fact the price went up from $199 to $219 at 12Pm PT and yet we still have this in the email confirmation;

"Taxes, Surcharges and Fees: Applicable shipping, taxes and duties will be added to and charged in your payment upon shipment of the unit."

HOW much more???? It may be far cheaper to get from Amazon and quicker!!!! :neutral:
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Ibsn87 said:
    TC1999 suggests why Amazon may have the jump on delivery. (11th post in) To me it makes sense. Albieit a little "unfair" I guess on those who have all been patiently waiting!

More concerning is the fact the price went up from $199 to $219 at 12Pm PT and yet we still have this in the email confirmation;

"Taxes, Surcharges and Fees: Applicable shipping, taxes and duties will be added to and charged in your payment upon shipment of the unit."

HOW much more???? It may be far cheaper to get from Amazon and quicker!!!! :neutral:
    This was gone through about 5000 times, in a thousand threads for Rift pre orders.  It's just covering their ass in case there is any country or case where it is added on later.  in all but a few instances the price you're given when you order IS what you will pay.  It includes the taxes for countries that it's required to be included in the price, the taxes are separate for countries it's supposed to be separate.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    nrosko said:
    Can you explain why amazon is saying November 23rd?
    The launch date is December 6th across the board. If you see otherwise, it's a typo.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    hey, I'm trying to add a payment method but it's failing???? is the site going to be trying to hit my card for the cash right now??
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    never mind - worked it out..
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    NerveGear
    edited October 2016
    It's good to know that as a walk in customer. I have to troll through forums at 5am to decipher additional fees and charges not clearly advertised throughout the checkout process. And for no apparent reason cop another $20 ontop of their advertised price between 11:59PT and 12PT. I tried it now again. It says 199 then you click buy and it says 219USD. Huh????

If it's been discussed 5000 times with the rift, there's a lot more people who haven't posted in forums that feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, they have the monopoly on this product... I'm damn excited to get these suckers, as is everyone. But the process and disclaimer after prepurchasing seems deceitful and open ended.

At minimum, they should have a list of predicted fees to major countries? Instead of an open ended, we have your credit card information, we will just charge you something when we chuck it in the post.

Quite frankly a forum member saying "in most cases what you selected is what you will be charged" is not a satisfactory answer.