Guest Logins for Touch Order — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Guest Logins for Touch Order

FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of people asking about how do the claim their place in line for Touch if they ordered a Rift as a Guest, well I've just found this page: https://secure.oculus.com/guest/login/

I don't have a guest account so I cant test it, so if someone has a guest account, please let us know! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Ricktor_BlackRicktor_Black Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    Actually, this brings up a good point.  I had kind of forgotten that when I pre-ordered my Rift in January, I ordered under a Guest account (because at the time it wasn't very obvious that I could create an 'real' account on the website).  This was kind of a pain in the butt when I was checking (several thousand times) on my Rift order because I had to use that link you have above to have the system send me an email to check my Order Status.  

Since then I've obviously created an official account and I've ordered several games etc with my account. When I look at my Order History I see all the games I've bought but my Rift isn't in there.  So now you are making me worry that when I order the Touch today with my account... if it's going to recognize me as a Rift pre-order (the get priority in the line).  That is a bit concerning now.

My only comfort is that I am still using the same email address for the Guest order and my current account.  I did receive the email from Oculus telling me I have priority status... I guess I can just hope and pray unless somebody here knows how this works?
  • bones_nlbones_nl Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have a guest account due to getting the Kickstarter edition. There's no info about the Touch pre-order on that order page, sadly. I also did not get a specific email about it.

Apparently ordering with the same e-mail adress is sufficient to make use of the place in line, so here's hoping :smile:

• VitalogyVitalogy Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    In January I've also pre-ordered with a guest account. This time I pre-ordered the Touch via my official account (that use the same email as when I've ordered as guest). No Rift in the history but they still detected my past order for the Rift as stated on the last page:

Congratulations: your prior Rift preorder qualifies you to have a preferred place-in-line for your Touch preorder!
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    I also pre-ordered it as a guest and it appears to have picked that up.  I think they've linked the guest rift and your oculus account by your email address.
  • VRonVRon Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited October 2016
    I think they check Headset Serial Number on your account. 
  • CaillinCaillin Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    As a Kickstarter backer, I just pre-ordered the touch using the same email address on my account as Kickstarter, and I have no notification anywhere that I have a place-in-line held.  Wondering if I'll need to cancel, and use the Guest login from my previous order, or just email support to have them link the addresses.

Once again, bad communication reigns supreme with Oculus and us KS backers.
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    There was a reddit post that kickstarters will not get a place in line.
    Brain Burst
    From an Oculus employee?  I really wish they'd just communicate these things through official channels to stop the guesswork.  If that's the case then I'll stop worrying about it then.  Here's hoping there truly is enough stock this time around.
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    Pretty sure there will be plenty, so I think not many people will have to wait. If they do, it probably wont be long.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,524 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah, I believe non-priority pre-orders are getting the same Dec 6-15 delivery estimate, so I don't expect priority status will make a difference of more than a few days.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Brain Burst
    That's good news then.
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 370
    Nexus 6
    I didn't bother with the guest portal this time like I did when I first got my rift I used my oculus account instead and it says delivery in December
    Brain Burst
    Yep, same procedure here.  Hopefully they'll have enough stock to reach that deadline, otherwise it'll suck not having the controllers before Christmas break.  If I knew they were going back on what they said regarding Kickstarters having a reserved spot in line for Touch, I would have got up very early this morning to get my order in promptly.
  • elrealchiquielrealchiqui Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    edited October 2016
    Please, can you stop saying "Guest account" ? Guest means that you ordered WITHOUT an account.

Sorry, it bugged me a lot to read this...
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    DimitriL said:
    Please, can you stop saying "Guest account" ? Guest means that you ordered WITHOUT an account.

Sorry, it bugged me a lot to read this...
    That is what it means. I order also under a Guest Account because when they went live for the rift- it wanted me to log in, but it could never let me do it - so I check out as a guest as well :) I like this fix, but they can't do anything about it from what I was told.
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    oh damn, I should've ordered as a guest and put in my email address manually (the one I pre ordered the rift with); but I was logged in and it had my other email address! 

Should I cancel this order and just redo it with another guest account and put the original email?
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    whoa182 said:
    oh damn, I should've ordered as a guest and put in my email address manually (the one I pre ordered the rift with); but I was logged in and it had my other email address! 

Should I cancel this order and just redo it with another guest account and put the original email?
    No, I would keep it- it seems like the priority wont matter for a while, but what you could do is make sure they understand the situation and you can show proof of your account guest order they might be able to make sure it has priority status, but they might not be able to do it anyways because that might open the door for false reports as well.
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    I raised a ticket anyway and took some screenshots. Will see what they say. :)
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • elrealchiquielrealchiqui Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    @Kienny I didn't see that ^^

Well, technically there is still no account. When you "log" in, you simply receive an email with a link to the Guest order.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    I pre-ordered the Rift with a guest account, after getting the Rift I made a member account. Ordered the Touch controllers yesterday and it just automatically linked it to my Rift order, via the email I assume. I got an email saying I was priority blah blah so all is good.
  • beaulima9933beaulima9933 Posts: 44 Oculus Start Member
    Pertinent answer I received today:

Thanks for reaching out to Oculus Support.

I understand you would like to link your “Guest” orders to your Oculus account.

This is not currently possible. If you would like to check orders that are placed as a “Guest”, you would need to log into the Order History as a “Guest” and have your order details sent to you.

The Order History website is located here. If you are taken to a page that says no orders were found or you are taken to the check out page, you will need to click on the icon that looks like a person on the top right side.

Let us know if you have any other questions.