New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

Comments

• RedfieldSMRedfieldSM Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Would be great to be able to import OBJ or STL to work on these models. Othwewis fantastic app!
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    Would be great to be able to import OBJ or STL to work on these models. Othwewis fantastic app!
    You can import OBJ as a stamp.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • shannonshannon Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I want to import images for reference and tracing.  Any idea when this type of feature will show up?  I think we'll see I bump in quality when it does.  : )
  • johnboyjrjohnboyjr Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Roaster said:
    You can import OBJ as a stamp.
    You can but you lose detail
    Hiro Protagonist
    shannon said:
    I want to import images for reference and tracing.  Any idea when this type of feature will show up?  I think we'll see I bump in quality when it does.  : )
    You can import references if you use the mod it's not perfect but it works well
  • tomofnztomofnz Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thank you for the info. 
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    I really like Medium and Quill except for one thing.. it's right hand centric..... I can't swap the paint/sculpting brushes to my left hand and I'm crap at drawing/painting/et al with my right... would use these a lot more if I could, but right now they're just something cool that I show right handed people.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,917 Volunteer Moderator
    You can swap to a left-handed set-up in the Settings menu. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    ah ok.. must have missed that.. I'll check it

thanks.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • XlordBXlordB Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    F,a,o Devs -- is an update coming soon to allow us to import a photo and place it in the scene to save us taking the headset off?
    Hiro Protagonist
    XlordB said:
    F,a,o Devs -- is an update coming soon to allow us to import a photo and place it in the scene to save us taking the headset off?
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47036/any-way-to-import-images/p2

Use paint.net
  • CptLogicalCptLogical Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    is there a way to import a photo/image to a layer? i'm trying to make a person to go in my scene. but very hard to do straight from memory. even if i had to keep clicking from my sculpt to the image, within the oculus. that would be better than nothing. quill has this feature and i think it would be great. help
    Hiro Protagonist
    is there a way to import a photo/image to a layer? i'm trying to make a person to go in my scene. but very hard to do straight from memory. even if i had to keep clicking from my sculpt to the image, within the oculus. that would be better than nothing. quill has this feature and i think it would be great. help
    I had just posted how to do it right before you asked
    Nexus 6
    johnboyjr said:
    Thanks for the link and how to do it.. lets say i wanted to have the skybox though without the pictures how do i sort of turn it off?
    Nexus 6
    Dragon sculpt final modifications.
    Ill be painting the dragon red later will post pic after ;)

Nexus 6
    posted in wrong thread pls delete previous post
    lol

Hiro Protagonist
    XlordB said:
    johnboyjr said:
    Thanks for the link and how to do it.. lets say i wanted to have the skybox though without the pictures how do i sort of turn it off?
    back up your folders before doing the mod and just switch between the back up and the original 
    3Jane
    There's supposed to be an update tomorrow, 1/18.
    Here's hoping the wishes will be granted.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
    Hiro Protagonist
    Roaster said:
    There's supposed to be an update tomorrow, 1/18.
    Here's hoping the wishes will be granted.
    where did you hear that?
    3Jane
    Hiro Protagonist
    Roaster said:
    sounds like hes saying there is a server update not a medium update
    Hiro Protagonist
    XlordB said:
    johnboyjr said:
    back up your folders before doing the mod and just switch between back up and mod
    Hiro Protagonist
    XlordB said:
    johnboyjr said:
    back up your folders before doing the mod and just switch between back up and mod
    3Jane
    johnboyjr said:
    Roaster said:
    sounds like hes saying there is a server update not a medium update
     :'(  :) :'( :) :'( :) :'( :)
  • naomi.cornmannaomi.cornman Posts: 188 Oculus Staff
  • harpmakerharpmaker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    how do we set objects back to ground leveling symetry?
  • harpmakerharpmaker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    when can we expect to see new feature or updates/next patch? snapping and symmetry i think will push us further for now :)
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    when can we expect to see new feature or updates/next patch? snapping and symmetry i think will push us further for now :)
    x-post from the 1.0.4 thread

• DrSarcasmoDrSarcasmo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is a push/pull or move tool planned? It's a godsend in Z-Brush for quick character design. Also, being able to import reference images would be a good thing so there is no need to remove the goggles. Otherwise, it's an incredible program.