I'm new to the Forum. I got the Rift mid of August and have the following problem.
I had an old GTX760 Card. Tried it and it worked basically, but often lost HDMI connection. My conclusion was, that it was just the fact, that my Graphic Card is outdated and so I moved an ASUS GTX1080.
After installing the new card, the HDMI problems even got worse.
Here are all the steps I tried so far:
- I ensured, that my HDMI port is working with another monitor
- I ensured, that the HDMI pins on both sides (PC and RIFT) are looking fine
- after figuring out, that my mainboard might be too old (although it has USB 3.0 and passes the compatibility check) I moved to the MSI Z97 G3 mainboard.
- I reinstalled NVIDIA drivers over GeForce Experience several times and also rolled back to older ones
- I reinstalled Oculus Home several times
- I manually restarted Oculus Service with the batch file that was given in the Forum
- I changed my powerplan to not have any sleep mode on USB
- I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10
- I tried a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
- I tried a DVI to HDMI adapter
- I plugged the Rift to my mainboard HDMI
- I plugged the Rift to USB2.0 ports
- I tried the Rift on the PC of my friend several times. The funny thing is: His PC configuration is quite close to what I have. On his PC the Oculus connects, works for like 15-30 minutes but then also disconnects sometimes. But whenever we plug it in again, it starts working again for some time. Contrary to my PC, I do not get a signal at all.
I also contacted Oculus Support about it. After some advice on how to check the HDMI at the Rift's end they started silencing until now.
I am really willing to help solving this problem and even spending time. But it is very frustrating to leave people waiting without any feedback.
I noticed, that there are threads about similar problems. But all the mentioned steps did not succeed in my case so far. And all those threads are like 3 months old and the discussion just stopped, hence I don't know if there is a solution now and I'm the only person remaining with that problem.
Please let me know what I can do.
Thank you very much.